Rounded pin tail twins

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010
Been running Townsend Asym with ENs per recommendation that best in curvy surf (what does not?)but feelin bit restricted in the sloopy waves I've been frequenting. I see lot of you running captain fins Christiansen, this is the ticket? Any comparisons?

trifish

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
Been running Townsend Asym with ENs per recommendation that best in curvy surf (what does not?)but feelin bit restricted in the sloopy waves I've been frequenting. I see lot of you running captain fins Christiansen, this is the ticket? Any comparisons?
I've been liking mine with the NVS Album Twins. I have the Christenson Uprights also. The 1 day I tried the Christenson's I had some weird issue where I kept getting hung up in the lip multiple times. Might of just been an odd day for me but it was weird enough to the point it made me swap them out the following day back to the Albums which than continued to work no problem. Been on my Aipa board I got recently since, so I still need to test more fin setups with the Townsend before settling.

Attachments

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Not really a fan of the EN's. Not sure why exactly. Too tall or something? Maybe just too much area overall. They feel a little slow rail to rail.

My favorite set in my 6-8 Townsend Asym are the NVS Album Fascination Twins. They have a wider base and thinner tips than the EN's and slightly less area over all.

I have used the Christenson Twins in my Townsend as well. They went pretty good. Just felt like I got a lot more drive out of the Fascination Twins.

The Fascinations are pretty raked so they aren't going to be as pivotal as some more upright fins but for the type of surfing and waves I prefer the Townsend in, I'm okay with the tradeoff.

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010
Interesting and thanks! That makes a lot of sense, you don't really want pivoting on that type of board not like you're doing throw tails but something with less surface area and rake.
I actually asked Matt for an option thinking he may Actually recommend his own template but all I got out of him was if it's smaller and try the sea Shepherd keels

Reactions: Aruka

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Interesting and thanks! That makes a lot of sense, you don't really want pivoting on that type of board not like you're doing throw tails but something with less surface area and rake.
I actually asked Matt for an option thinking he may Actually recommend his own template but all I got out of him was if it's smaller and try the sea Shepherd keels
Yeah I thought it was kind of funny when he recommended EN's to me as well.

I'm also a fan of his other NVS upright Twin in my Lightbender.

G10 allows for finer foils than fiberglass and those NVS are quite thin and twangy which I like.

Reactions: Woke AF and chilly1