Ron DeSantis Is A Savage!

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
When you get older, you just have to work to articulate.

It makes it seem like you are loosing your mind.

What used to be free comes at a cost.

What do the Biden haters think trump would have done differently?

More tax breaks for the wealthy and more deregulation for the corporations?

The problem is wage stagnation for the worker since the 80s.

The grocery worker now makes the same pay I made 40 years ago.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
he and hunter took millions, er... billions! from the Chinese for... um, Ukraine! Hunter was paid by Ukraine.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Biden sounds like a very old but rather normal (for an 80 year old) man.

Rhonda sounds like a male Hillary Clinton retail politician with an Ashcroft-tier true believer neocon foundation trying to co-opt America First. They probably made Gitmo detainees alpha test/focus group his speeches and like 30 seconds in, some poor fucker was like "USAMA'S IN ABBOTTABAD. IN A HOUSE JUST DOWN THE ROAD FROM THE ACADEMY. OH GOD MAKE IT STOP. PLEASE WATERBOARD ME. SEND IN JESSICA CHASTAIN AND THE SCRUFFY NERF HERDERS. ANYTHING"

Buttigieg actually presents as an affable guy with retail politician skills. Basically if Marco Rubio was of Balt stock and had a 30 point higher IQ. Klobuchar and Haley seem to have some polished, experienced, middle of the road positions for their respective parties.

DeSantis ain't ready, the DoJ is his only real ally, and you'll need a debt default, a recession, or a terror attack from a group based in Afghanistan for DeSaster or Blompf to step to Brandon. Search your feelings, boy. You know it to be true.

Depends who you ask. The ones with a billion dollars want two billion. The churchy ones want LGBTBBQ and no boar shin. The MIC ones want wars with Iran and Venezuela. The working-class MAGA ones want FDR-era socioeconomic policies. The retiree/small business owner MAGA ones want cheap English-speaking labor and a death sentence for anyone responsible for a phone that tells them to press 1 for English. And a Harley to go 10 under on in the passing lane with no helmet on sunny Sundays.

A couple want a budget deal heavily biased towards spending cuts, a real supply of goods to Ukraine to put a fork in that fuckup, and a return to 1950s social norms.
Buttigeig is the male version of Kamala Harris. He's a lightweight. Vapid but empty.

Klobacher has a tendency to get shrill...it's off putting....ask Hillary. Haley is fucked.....one foot in MAGA one in establishment. Can't win there. Maybe a veep pick.

I think Manchin is a fool if he doesn't jump in. Manchin/Tester will secure every blue collar Trump voter while appealing to independents to a degree that makes the lunatics on the far left inconsequential.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Buttigeig is the male version of Kamala Harris. He's a lightweight. Vapid but empty.
So he's Rubio, because the lightweight/vapid/empty is a dead ringer, but unlike Kamala Harris, his campaign lasted past Iowa, so we know he has retail politician skills.

I think Manchin is a fool if he doesn't jump in. Manchin/Tester will secure every blue collar Trump voter while appealing to independents to a degree that makes the lunatics on the far left inconsequential.
I don't think this is going to work. Enough blue collar Trump voters are really blue collar Trump cultists, and you'd need someone left wing as the nominee for the (D) to peel off their voters, like Pocahontas or Crazy Bernie. Biden is not far left enough politically or personally for that to work.

Add to that Manchin is the stereotypical greasy grifter. He's pro choice - a non-starter in the GOP, and he's pro coal, which dings him with the center-left, and throw in the pharma/opiate grift and he's done. There is about 0 percent chance he could be taken seriously with his penchant for Oxygrifting after Trump and Brandon hit him with the double envelopment. 80 year old rhetorical maneuver warfare!

Tester you might have a point on, but I wanted Bullock/Hickenlooper etc. since 2016, but every red/swing state Western Governor is as dry as the plains in the eastern half of their states in a drought cycle.

twinzerfan

Michael Peterson status
Oct 26, 2006
Floriduh
Part of me hopes Meatball Ron gets the nomination.

When he gets on the national stage and has to actually defend his position, and swing moderates/indies, he’s not going to do so well.

Especially since he’s constantly tip-toeing around Trump with no interest in taking him on face to face.

Can’t wait for the NEVER BACK DOWN bull that he’s been spouting to backfire.

This is the guy to hold the nuclear codes? God help us

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Part of me hopes Meatball Ron gets the nomination.

When he gets on the national stage and has to actually defend his position, and swing moderates/indies, he’s not going to do so well.

Especially since he’s constantly tip-toeing around Trump with no interest in taking him on face to face.

Can’t wait for the NEVER BACK DOWN bull that he’s been spouting to backfire.

This is the guy to hold the nuclear codes? God help us
He's gone so hard on winning the base by being the biggest anti-woke asshole ever, it's gonna be tough to convince people it was all an act and he's really not that bad. Picking a morals fight with Mickey and Minnie was the worst move ever.

twinzerfan

Michael Peterson status
Oct 26, 2006
Floriduh
He's gone so hard on winning the base by being the biggest anti-woke asshole ever, it's gonna be tough to convince people it was all an act and he's really not that bad. Picking a morals fight with Mickey and Minnie was the worst move ever.
Pence has a town hall in June on CNN. Even he has said that picking on a business is not the right decision.

Desantis has already turned off many independents and moderates with his extreme rhetoric. If he walks it back, he’ll lose whatever support he has.

At the end of the day, he’s just like every fat jock in high school who picks on anyone who’s different.

Reminds me of a time when skateboarding/surfing was not cool and fat football jock Brian Chesssle(sp?) used to pick on me because I was hooking up with the cheerleader captain. He’d threaten to kick my ass every day after school. But when the bell rang, he was nowhere to be found.

That’s Desantis in a nutshell. All talk. He won’t even address Trump’s attacks. How the heck is he going to handle that live, on stage, in front of millions? He can’t shout down every journalist or citizen who asks him an unscripted question.

He should have joined the cavalry instead of Navy, because he’s gonna tank….

twinzerfan

Michael Peterson status
Oct 26, 2006
Floriduh
The GOP says the left is weaponizing government. If this quote from DictatorSantis doesn’t make you worried, god help us -

“Republican presidents have accepted the canard that the DOJ and FBI are quote, independent,” DeSantis said. “They are not independent agencies. They are part of the executive branch. They answer to the elected President of the United States.”

so……. Fascist doctrine in plain sight

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
LOL it's getting hot basically everywhere except Jacksonville (best late Spring weather EVAR) and people are getting their insurance renewal bills and the roads are packed with new arrivals.

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
Lol, the annoyed look of "you mean there are consequences for my actions?". This is actually hilarious - what did they think the immigrants were going to do, once they passed anti-immigrant legislation? Stay? :roflmao:

Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Lol, the annoyed look of "you mean there are consequences for my actions?". This is actually hilarious - what did they think the immigrants were going to do, once they passed anti-immigrant legislation? Stay? :roflmao:

unintended consequences....it's almost like these people have no grasp of reality

Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016

A good, real-world experiment. A little pain for a good result or a lot of pain for no result?