• Haha
Reactions: mundus

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
well, never thought i would agree with MTG but this is a fair point. with no data whatsoever, i'm guessing a significant % of the GOP base is not on Twitter and probably never will be. who is DeSantis trying to reach here? or does he think the scent of Musk will burnish his credentials with some significant tech/conservative/youth/whatever demographic?

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
well, never thought i would agree with MTG but this is a fair point. with no data whatsoever, i'm guessing a significant % of the GOP base is not on Twitter and probably never will be. who is DeSantis trying to reach here? or does he think the scent of Musk will burnish his credentials with some significant tech/conservative/youth/whatever demographic?

But Tucker’s show’s gunna be uge!

• Haha
Reactions: mundus

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006

No irony there. Nope. None.

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
Lol, whose idea was this? :roflmao:
The app repeatedly crashed Wednesday night as thousands of listeners attempted to tune in to hear the Florida governor announce he was entering the race for the GOP presidential nomination. Thirty minutes into the event, DeSantis was finally able to begin speaking.
Dark Brandon pounces:
President Joe Biden was quick to chime in, tweeting: “This link works,” followed by a link to the president’s campaign donation site.
Edit: perhaps launching on a platform that just laid off 2/3 of it's support staff was not such a great idea. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.
Coaston His belief is that America is a problem that must be solved by the state. He appears to believe that American companies, business and schools and universities were once deserving of freedoms and liberties, but some of them have failed (in his view) and thus must be punished until they submit to the will of the state. He reminds me of Woodrow Wilson, another former governor who believed in the perfectibility of the American populace by government intervention.

Cottle He is just as thirsty for power as Trump — and just as cruel and cynical in pursuit of that power. Fly planeloads of hapless migrants to Martha’s Vineyard? Make schoolteachers pawns in his culture war? Use the levers of government to threaten and punish those who say things he dislikes? It’s all good in DeSantis Land.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Even when they did get the app to work, Rhonda sounded like a moron.

He must have said the word "woke" 100 times. I seriously doubt this tactic is going to translate on the national stage.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Even when they did get the app to work, Rhonda sounded like a moron.

He must have said the word "woke" 100 times. I seriously doubt this tactic is going to translate on the national stage.
It's like when Dems describe everything they disagree with by using the term MAGA. The Dems obviously use this term as a negative to describe a mindset of racism, anti-government etc and there's about 20% of the people who absorb this and evangelize it. On the other hand I think people are keen to the pitfalls of focusing on the extraneous and subjective rather than the objective and how it allows for elites to lay claim to the mantle of victimization even as they oppress others. The psychologically immature believe this displaces and assuages their guilt (especially politicians). The right uses the term woke to describe this and ties it back to things like racism, crime, inflation etc and there's about 20% of the people who absorb this and evangelize it.

Rhonda may sound like a moron. What does Biden sound like? Does needed to spit out words because you're in such a demented state that you can't speak anymore connect nationally?

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
It's like when Dems describe everything they disagree with by using the term MAGA. The Dems obviously use this term as a negative to describe a mindset of racism, anti-government etc and there's about 20% of the people who absorb this and evangelize it. On the other hand I think people are keen to the pitfalls of focusing on the extraneous and subjective rather than the objective and how it allows for elites to lay claim to the mantle of victimization even as they oppress others. The psychologically immature believe this displaces and assuages their guilt (especially politicians). The right uses the term woke to describe this and ties it back to things like racism, crime, inflation etc and there's about 20% of the people who absorb this and evangelize it.

Rhonda may sound like a moron. What does Biden sound like? Does needed to spit out words because you're in such a demented state that you can't speak anymore connect nationally?
You forgot Ultra-Maga.......my personal favorite as Biden slurs his words and loses his train of thought.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Biden sounds like a very old but rather normal (for an 80 year old) man.

Rhonda sounds like a male Hillary Clinton retail politician with an Ashcroft-tier true believer neocon foundation trying to co-opt America First. They probably made Gitmo detainees alpha test/focus group his speeches and like 30 seconds in, some poor fucker was like "USAMA'S IN ABBOTTABAD. IN A HOUSE JUST DOWN THE ROAD FROM THE ACADEMY. OH GOD MAKE IT STOP. PLEASE WATERBOARD ME. SEND IN JESSICA CHASTAIN AND THE SCRUFFY NERF HERDERS. ANYTHING"

Buttigieg actually presents as an affable guy with retail politician skills. Basically if Marco Rubio was of Balt stock and had a 30 point higher IQ. Klobuchar and Haley seem to have some polished, experienced, middle of the road positions for their respective parties.

DeSantis ain't ready, the DoJ is his only real ally, and you'll need a debt default, a recession, or a terror attack from a group based in Afghanistan for DeSaster or Blompf to step to Brandon. Search your feelings, boy. You know it to be true.

curious what objectively Republicans want.
Depends who you ask. The ones with a billion dollars want two billion. The churchy ones want LGBTBBQ and no boar shin. The MIC ones want wars with Iran and Venezuela. The working-class MAGA ones want FDR-era socioeconomic policies. The retiree/small business owner MAGA ones want cheap English-speaking labor and a death sentence for anyone responsible for a phone that tells them to press 1 for English. And a Harley to go 10 under on in the passing lane with no helmet on sunny Sundays.

A couple want a budget deal heavily biased towards spending cuts, a real supply of goods to Ukraine to put a fork in that fuckup, and a return to 1950s social norms.

• Haha
Reactions: Aruka