Role Call Sunday otf Paddle Out

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Hey KC!

Took the grandkids body surfing, threw the little fvckers otf in your honor. The little dog too.

Working on a solid case of Corona Virus with a side of NexpaNug bong rips.

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
Wish I could have been there. I've been stuck in the house for weeks with a dog that had surgery. I can't leave him alone and the wife is working. See you on the other side Kenny.

:drowning:

Reactions: gbg and Waldo

b.r.

Phil Edwards status
Dec 19, 2003
Leucadia
www.youtube.com
it was a very nice paddle out, and we all got waves too, his sons said kenny always said you had to catch a wave in , they were not allowed to paddle in and they would sometimes be out until dark trying to get one in. so i made sure i caught one in. it was nice to see his boys taking in all the stories and seeing that they have each other and a strong community to support them. afterwords a small kine erbb gathering of screwheads was nice too... but now it looks good down the street so I am back out there and will probably go otf for otf....

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
it was a very nice paddle out, and we all got waves too, his sons said kenny always said you had to catch a wave in , they were not allowed to paddle in and they would sometimes be out until dark trying to get one in. so i made sure i caught one in. it was nice to see his boys taking in all the stories and seeing that they have each other and a strong community to support them. afterwords a small kine erbb gathering of screwheads was nice too... but now it looks good down the street so I am back out there and will probably go otf for otf....
Good Man, b.r. and thanks for calling! :drowning:

Reactions: b.r. and gbg

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii

Mahalo for the recap. Gonna surf in an hour or so, will go OTF on the first one. Will say a little prayer for Kenny and his family when I have a moment alone out there.

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
Not sure how I missed you b.r. ?

It was a good turnout and a good send off with some really nice waves to sweeten it.

Good to see everyone and meet some of the clan in person for the first time.

Kenny would have been stoked to be present at his own paddle out!

It was a great celebration of his life with plenty of his best people, family and friends from his life.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Good recap from b.r. and keenfish.

It was a huge turnout and the paddle out ceremony honored OTF well. It was great seeing everyone, some for the first time in several years, and some for the first time ever. Good times all around. Really showed how tight the surfing community truly is.

The service was pretty somber but today really felt like a celebration for OTF's life. We can all hope to go through life with as much love and stock that he did.

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
No doubt Kenny blessed us today and was smiling down on us. RJs was really fun right after first light and surprisingly empty. All of Newport was good today. Surfed with Matt for the first fime since Mugu in 2004 ish timeframe. Ripping as usual. He managed to tuck all 6'4 of him in a shoulder high little barrel.

I got 2 prime parking spots today. The second one I was the 2nd car back directly off the beach at 42nd street. And the meter had 3 hours on it. That was Kenny hooking me up. 20200126_065751.jpg

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
Ok first off. 20 W 50 is not fat. And the first thing I saw this morning was him take off on a little right runner and fly down the line and get a almost head barrel thing on dry sand.

My first time meeting him.

I met Keenfish today too. 20 years on here and I finally met him. Great to meet you Dave.

Spoonfish rolled up with a full on smoking hottie.

And I saw liplocked today after many years. I got 2 hugs from her.

Not sure if she is on here anymore but it was great seeing her.

jamesgang

Miki Dora status
Aug 9, 2006
Location Location
Great to see everybody this morning and celebrate Kenny's life. There was a great turnout from the Newport Beach community. Everyone loved otf. And everyone loves his boys. They will be well looked after. I think it meant a lot to them to have so many people honoring their pops.

So great to see many erBB'ers, met a few for the first time. Mahalos you guys, for the good times and good stories about Kenny. Scored a great little session with Gary in honor of otf (I went otf on my first wave, and B5F did too apparently. It was fitting), a great meal with friends, and yeah, we got hooked up many times this morning, can only conclude Kenny was smiling down on us all, a little bit.

Aloha no Kenny, and aloha to all of the erBB folks! You guys are unreal.

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
Awesome having beers with you today b.r.

Reactions: PPK96754