Rocket Redux - What do you think?

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
This board really caught my eye. Seems to be a nice daily driver, fast, easy to get into waves, performancey.

Anyone had one? What to expect of this board?

I'm 5'9...considering a 5'10 as a daily driver up to overhead surf. Not sure If I should go smaller... problem is, to go smaller and keep the volume, I'd have to go wider too.

I expect this board to do well in both mushy surf with some power and also steep surf up to head high. Do you agree it can handle fast take offs?

Thanks guys

Reactions: JDJ

Havoc

Phil Edwards status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
This board really caught my eye. Seems to be a nice daily driver, fast, easy to get into waves, performancey.

Anyone had one? What to expect of this board?

I'm 5'9...considering a 5'10 as a daily driver up to overhead surf. Not sure If I should go smaller... problem is, to go smaller and keep the volume, I'd have to go wider too.

I expect this board to do well in both mushy surf with some power and also steep surf up to head high. Do you agree it can handle fast take offs?

Thanks guys

go see casablanca, that duuu that shapes for gabriella medina

hotCheetos

OTF status
Mar 28, 2020
yea i got one my height and use it as a daily driver for reef breaks waist to head high + lasst 6 mos summer and winter.usually surf low to mid tide and I'm happy with it, it has enough tail rocker

Reactions: brukuns

claw87

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 30, 2017
Copy paste from another thread:

"Been riding it for 3 weeks straight and am liking the shape a lot. Wedging beachies, slopey points, HH, anklebiters, the board just goes. Really easy to catch waves on, no issues with nose dives despite the flat entry, snappy in the pocket but holds the rail surprisingly well. Did not like it that much as a quad, raked thruster went best, and MR with trailer was super fun in the smaller stuff. It's one of those boards that will have my shortboards collect dust for some time...."

Mine is a 5'8 Libtech, so wide stock dims. I'm 1.88m (6'2) at 80-85kg (175-185lbs). Not sure I'd want it longer than my height, but I have a fairly narrow stance.

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Rocket Redux has a better, more modern foil than the OG Rocket. But the fins are further back than the OG.

Reactions: brukuns

Hazrus

Nep status
Sep 23, 2016
My brother has one. He much prefers other Lost boards like the Uber driver and sub driver.

claw87

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 30, 2017
My brother has one. He much prefers other Lost boards like the Uber driver and sub driver.
Whilst I love the sub driver I never really clicked with my uber driver and much prefer the RR. Doesn't make any sense I know :shrug:

Reactions: JDJ

claw87

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 30, 2017
nose rocker vs tail rocker.

makese sense for some but not for others.
Did that refer to my experience or to @Hazrus?

Both my Driver and Sub Driver work really well for me, particularly in waves with open faces. Rocker on the Uber Driver feels similar (higher nose / lower tail), yet I did not get on with it and had a hard time switching between boards. RR has flat entry, higher tail kick, so I expected it to be tricky to adjust to it, but it wasn't

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
I've always wanted a Rocket as I love low entry rocker and some tail flip. I don't need any new boards though. One day.

I called Noah Budroe last year and left a voicemail, but never heard back. Heard he's shaping again though.

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Got a couple of waves with my buddy's V3 Stealth.

His board is rather new... and while surfing it I was paying attention to the construction... lots of texture, like you could feel the fiber. Was not impressed. My Stretch is over 4 years old and still looks pristine!

I decided to give the Stretch guys a call next week, see if they can help me get something new. I'm totally lost trying to decide between the Buzzsaw, Thing, 2x4 or Skate.