Rocker for a funboard question........

groggylbc

Legend (inyourownmind)
Sep 15, 2006
Im shaping a board for a larger gentalman...built like a line backer. he wants a 7'8 x 22.5 x 3 1/8 fun board thing for HB waves
not sure about the nose and tail rocker. Thinking relaxed rocker in front with a little kick the last 2" to 4.5 " and 3" in the tail. its a thruster.

im just a fuck around backyard guy looking for a little guidance thank you fellas xoxoxoxoxo

need 4 speed

Phil Edwards status
Nov 1, 2003
SoCal
I have some poached numbers you can look at.( I pretty much map every board I get my hands on)
i'll shoot you a DM
maybe one of the real shapers can help you with better insight

Reactions: Aruka

groggylbc

Legend (inyourownmind)
Sep 15, 2006
that would be AWESOME!!!!!!!!
I have some poached numbers you can look at.( I pretty much map every board I get my hands on)
i'll shoot you a DM
maybe one of the real shapers can help you with better insight
that would be AWESOME!!!!!!!!

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
my old hale nalu off the rack aleutian juice vectors and longboard
built many 8' "vector" style boards using these as inspirations
it's a good starting point.
Personally I like continous low rocker versus staged with a little extra flip in the nose and tail (last 6")

Aleutian Juice-8.JPG
Aleutian Juice-10.JPG
Aleutian Juice-5.JPG

lots of failures and learning in our early days(2000's) of comp sand tech from 1/42" veneer skins to balsa to woven bamboo wall coverings to homemade cut and planed exotic veneers to cork all using the same base vector template. Using mostly 8' long bent homedepot insulfoam with blue dow and other high density rails or off the shelf 7'6" JJ Marko blanks. We were trying to some up with the perfect repeatable all around 8' design anyone could use most anywhere. but then costco beat us to the punch with the wavestorm. So we stopped playing shaper.

Homemade.jpg