Feb 20, 2003
better than i expected. wonder if he had health ins
bills are gonna be crazy

studog

Duke status
Jan 15, 2003
CA
Nothing positive in those images.
positive is him sending a message of what happens not speaking out if you need help on suicide. Here's the other side of it in all it's raw form. Sunny was a brutally honest guy. well, he's again being brutally honest. not in words but images.

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
Damn, is this what he wanted? I would have pulled the plug if this was my family member. A long time ago. Long history of mental illness, suicide, little chance of a real recovery, dragging the family down in debt. Who wins here?

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
not trying to be funny here
but now he has much more to be depressed about
better get on the meds

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
I wonder if he is even aware of what's going on? I'm not sure what's worse, not knowing, or knowing what happened and now he's in this state.

QuadFin

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 10, 2018
Those photos don't look good for him. Like partial vegetable and not at present state. How much can brain recover from such traumic event?

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
I'm not going to be popular for saying this, but in retrospect, it seems like a very selfish thing of his family / doctors to 'save' him.

I would not have done any different in the same situation, but those pics makes me feel sick :(

studog

Duke status
Jan 15, 2003
CA
I'm not going to be popular for saying this, but in retrospect, it seems like a very selfish thing of his family / doctors to 'save' him.

I would not have done any different in the same situation, but those pics makes me feel sick :(
that's the doc, nurses, emt, hospital's job. to try to save him.

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
that's the doc, nurses, emt, hospital's job. to try to save him.
I know, but it gets a little more complex and deep / philosophical when we discuss 'first do no harm', and who determines what quality of life is.

maybe

Michael Peterson status
Jul 23, 2011
Never met Sunny, so I have to go by how the media has portrayed him.

What was the reality show with him, Danny Fuller, Damian Hobgood and others? Anyways, he walked up to one of the McNamara's, who was sitting in a truck with a broken leg and punched him in the face. Isn't that how it went down? Another time he chased Neco up the beach after a heat... with Neco begging him off. Sunny punching on doors to judge's tower's doors after not agreeing with scores. From a certain angled perspective, it's tough to not think Karma has played a cruel hand to Sunny.

Having said that, the pictures are sad and disturbing and I can only hope that Sunny and his family and friends come thru this okay. I'm the same age as Sunny and his early surfing... so raw and radical, was an inspiration. His place in history is firmly planted.

Seen a few people post this on Instagram, any confirmation?
Fucking Sad, hes been posting a lot of posts talking about battling depression, i pray this wasnt the cause.
I saw on Flilipe Toledo's insta story

Reactions: waxurDyl

maybe

Michael Peterson status
Jul 23, 2011
I was living in North County San diego in the late 80's / early 90's. Apparently he had a white camaro / trans am he totaled. He also got into it with another car, pulled over and got beat down off a freeway here for whatever reason.

Somebody should start writing a movie score for Sunny. RIP Andy... but Sunny's would be more colorful.

I remember the day he left my house at Sunset Point to ask to be in the Hui , he really wanted that .

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Maybe take this as a lesson to have a long, serious talk to your loved ones about what you want.
It can be important to reiterate these wishes every once an a while.

Making an intelligent, thoughtful, non-family member your legal healthcare surrogate is not generally a bad idea either.
IMHO it's actually a really good idea.
Especially if those who would be making decisions for you are on the emotionally weaker side.
Your family might end up hating them but ultimately it's about what YOU want and your suffering...and a lot of times family members can be more concerned with what THEY and their feelings want.

One thing though, anytime I've had someone designate their lawyer as their legal healthcare surrogate the lawyer would always choose to continue medical treatment no matter how futile. Just a thought.

Reactions: waxfoot