RIP Sunny Garcia?

sponge

Tom Curren status
Feb 10, 2002
Honolulu, HI, USA
Visit site
From daughter @kailakgarcia IG account on June 22. New account created at @prayforsunny with no status as of now.

kailakgarcia
I know it’s been a while since I’ve updated you guys. For weeks now my dad @sunnygarcia has been improving every day, and his recovery has been going in a consistently positive direction.

While mentally and physically dad has improved a lot, he has also faced a lot of challenges that can happen from being in the hospital for an extended amount of time. When someone’s brain is injured, recovery can take time, so my family asks for your patience as we try to maintain some privacy during these uncertain times.
Despite everything my dad is a WARRIOR, and while the doctors can’t say what will happen, we all know that if anyone can beat this, my dad can!
All the love and prayer that has been pouring in for my dad from all around the world is really special, and it’s making a difference. It works! Please everyone keep praying and sending your love and support. Dad is in a marathon, not a sprint. Please help him and our family keep up the fight by praying for him and sending him love for a few minutes every day.

Dad has a long way to go before we can say anything specific about his recovery, but one really big positive about my dad is that he’s been breathing room air completely on his own for four weeks and is getting stronger everyday.

The power of thought and prayer is mighty. If you can, please pray for him or do this every day. Bring to mind a happy memory of my dad @sunnygarcia . See him catching a wave, on the water with the sun on his back. Picture him happy, healthy and loved. Send that picture of Sunny as healthy and loved as a prayer and a reminder to Sunny. When you breathe out send that happy picture with your love to My dad @sunnygarcia. Please join us in doing this once a day for the next month. Thank you all so much for your continued love and support. Please repost for more prayers
#PrayForSunny #SunnyStrong #SunnyGarcia #SG #LoveLikeSunny #SonOfHawaii

wildingb

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jul 28, 2008

I wanted to ask everyone to please pray for my dad @sunnygarcia as he goes into a VATS surgery for his lungs tomorrow morning. As I explained in my last post, sometimes people get sicker when they are in the hospital for an extended amount of time. My dad got pneumonia in the hospital, and there have been a lot of complications so he needs this surgery to clear it up. Thankfully, we were able to move him to a new hospital in California that is really taking care of him.

Please everyone keep praying and sending your love and support. I said it last time, and it’s still true. Dad is a WARRIOR and he is in a marathon, not a sprint. Please help him and our family keep up the fight by praying for him and sending him love for a few minutes every day.

Prayer and love are powerful. If you can, every day please pray for my dad or do this. Bring to mind a happy memory of my dad @sunnygarcia . See him catching a wave, on the water with the sun on his back. Picture him happy, healthy and loved. Send that picture of Sunny as healthy and loved as a prayer and a reminder to Sunny. When you breathe out send that happy picture with your love to My dad @sunnygarcia. Please join us in doing this once a day for the next month.
Thank you all so much for your continued love and support.💙💙💙💙 Please repost for more prayers #PrayForSunny #SunnyStrong#SunnyGarcia #SG #LoveLikeSunny#SonOfHawaii

QuadFin

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 10, 2018
https://www.surfline.com/surf-news/sunny-garcia-undergoes-surgery-pneumonia-moves-california-hospital/56011

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
My mom got an infection in the hospital that killed her.

She was weak from cancer but the infection took her out fast.

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
I had a Prostate biopsy a week ago monday .

Everything felt fine .

1 day later I got really cold then a 102.6 temperature , ended up in emergency then hospital for 4 days with the CDC having to come in to help with the whole body infection .

Today is my last day on Anti biotics , surfing and biking again

Interesting experience . Everyone was great !

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Greg Griffin said:
I had a Prostate biopsy a week ago monday ...

... ended up in emergency then hospital for 4 days with the CDC having to come in to help with the whole body infection .

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
Greg Griffin said:
I had a Prostate biopsy a week ago monday .

Everything felt fine .

1 day later I got really cold then a 102.6 temperature , ended up in emergency then hospital for 4 days with the CDC having to come in to help with the whole body infection .

Interesting experience . Everyone was great !
glad we aint burying ya!

JBerry

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 8, 2017
I was at Islands for dinner tonight and saw this pic. Took a step back to look at it for a few moments. It sure has a lot of power. Fricken chargers with those boards!!! Surfing big waves really gets your blood pumping!! Winter is on its way!!

Anyways, it got me thinking about Sunny, as well as Andy, and the road that they've both been down. Feel for their kids. Last time I went to Hawaii in April, Lindy and Axel were on the flight, thought the same things when I saw them. And the last time I saw Sunny was at CB's memorial back in March, it was pretty somber. Such a trip....
islands pic.jpg

RemyXO

Michael Peterson status
Mar 12, 2003
San Luis Obispo
Wow, damn, he looks like a different person. Glad he's still on this side. Good for his family being there for him. It's going to be a long road ahead.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Wow, damn, he looks like a different person. Glad he's still on this side. Good for his family being there for him. It's going to be a long road ahead.

Actually looks better than I would have expected. It's been a very long time to be in a hospital. 5 days in a hospital bed can take a toll on your body. He's been there way longer.