RIP Ric Ocasek

drunjk

Gerry Lopez status
Jun 27, 2017
history's greatest monster. the time he played the superbowl wearing only BVD's was a national travesty! (n)

HatterasGlass

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2008
The man produced Rock for Light, FFS.
Talk about vision and an ear for music......

* headbanging emoji *

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

maybe

Michael Peterson status
Jul 23, 2011
The Cars still sound fresh to this day... a great fvckin' band. I was more of a Benjamin Orr fan, but Ric wrote most, if not all, the tunes... and he just came across as a really good dude. Producing Bad Brains, Weezer's first few albums and other groups just cemented him as a legend. RIP Ric.

Gone at 75.

Fucking love this band and enjoy playing a lot of their songs.

Hump

Phil Edwards status
Jan 10, 2002
Vancouver Island
Living at a spot with no summer surf I used to take the ferry from Victoria, BC to Port Angeles, Wa. then drive to Westport, stay for a couple of days then carry on southward.

One of the best trips I had was in 1980 and I had The Cars and Candy-O on cassette tapes which were the background music for that trip.

Whenever I hear certain songs of theirs I immediately flash back to that summer of '80 and that trip down south.

Great memories return at the sound of certain music that was part of what made a time memorable.

Thank goodness.

Take care.