RIP otf???

Eimeo

OTF status
Oct 18, 2005
Encinitas
Been reading and occasionally posting here since I worked at Surfer Mag many years ago when this forum started. Keep quite most of the time and just enjoy what you all have to say, there are some classic legends here. Don't know any of you except had the pleasure of experiencing the generosity of PPK to me and my family in Kauai. Didn't know OTF, RIP and I sure hope there is some alter world or life after our biological bodies cease to exist, I hope OTF is scoring perfect waves somewhere with all his best friends. I am sending all the positive vibes and energy possible to his family and friends.

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
Been reading and occasionally posting here since I worked at Surfer Mag many years ago when this forum started. Keep quite most of the time and just enjoy what you all have to say, there are some classic legends here. Don't know any of you except had the pleasure of experiencing the generosity of PPK to me and my family in Kauai. Didn't know OTF, RIP and I sure hope there is some alter world or life after our biological bodies cease to exist, I hope OTF is scoring perfect waves somewhere with all his best friends. I am sending all the positive vibes and energy possible to his family and friends.
the "alter world" should be so lucky!

Reactions: PPK96754

JBerry

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 8, 2017
As a long time lurker before joining and posting, I've read countless threads with OTF's hands on them.
I never met him, but through many of you that have I feel like you've given me a good sense of who he was.

For 7 years I woke up every monday, trash day, and with my kids went outside and watched them pick up our trash, waved to them, said hi, and watched the pure happiness that has brought to my kids. They are still fascinated wtih it today at ages 7-9.
And for that simple act, I will always remember OTF as one of those guys, waving at my kids, bringing a smile to their faces, every monday.

RIP to OTF, and love and peace to his wife, boys, and relatives.

here's a clip thats still stuck in my head, catchy tune it is!

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
Spoonfish took the boys and Mom out today to finally send Kenny back to his happy place.

Good words from his FB post:

"Saying until we meet again, to a great friend, awesome father of these fine young men, and husband to this great woman, Kenny Clark. We love you!!"

Image may contain: 4 people, people smiling, people standing, ocean, sky, cloud, outdoor and water

Until we meet again brother....

wrk2srf

Legend (inyourownmind)
Dec 18, 2003
^^^ Damn Keen .... fantastic images.

I probably haven't logged in for 10 years, and I lurked more than contributed anywhy, but damn OTF was legendary, and will be missed. RIP, STOCKED to have known you!

--T

Reactions: diro and keenfish

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
Going to work this morning.

Driving down the canyon, saw a garbage truck coming up. Right now, Kenny would have been on the front lines.

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
<iframe width="864" height="691" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
So weird to see this up here day after day. I have a hard time believing he's gone. It just seems wrong. A guy I grew up with died of brain cancer a few years back. Every now and then I'll see somebody in a crowd that looks like him from behind and just for a second, just for the briefest of moments, a millisecond, I'm sure he's back where he belongs. But of course he never is. Ghosts. See you around Kenny.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I had a friend who died of brain cancer and before she died she left a message on my answering machine.

I had it after she was dead.

I had to delete it. Because hearing her recording gave me this jolt of disbelief and grief.