RIP otf???

misterhat

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 21, 2007
fuck man i haven't been to this place for a really long time, but spent some time here 2006-2008ish (edit: looks more like 2007-2011 but most of my interaction w OTF was in 2008). back when i was posting here i recognized otf in the lineup at river and said hi. sincerely one of the nicest, kindest people i had ever encountered in my life. most of the time when i leave or stop visiting someplace - both physically and online - i will never think about the people i knew there. but i thought about otf a lot. this is a real bummer.

i hope he and his family can find peace.

Last edited:

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2015
Looking up some of his old posts. Damn.

• Sad
Reactions: Waldo

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Oh sh!t, just saw this. Wow, one of our own gone, just like that. Jeez...

toPBk

Miki Dora status
Mar 27, 2002
North Pacific Beach, CA
look for the greying Quills out front on Sunday. I hope for K's sake all of his -erbb amigos chat him up, tell stories, and raise some mayhem -
Me and LeeD (and all his acquaintances- or at least his gardener) will be wearing name tags

Not his out front's perfect angle (from my little knowledge of the OC)… but a man's swell worthy of an awesome human. We should all be so lucky on our days- Love You Kenny

maybe

Michael Peterson status
Jul 23, 2011
OTF is gone. One of the legendary posters here and will be missed greatly. He was a one of a kind and will be talked about as long as this forum is active... and beyond. RIP Kenny.

People, you can argue about whatever nonsense you think is important until you're blue in the face... Republicans vs. Democrats, Legals vs illegals, goofy foots vs. regulars, rock vs. rap.. the list goes on...

Honestly, most of us are lucky if we have a few good years left. Just ask Kenny. How about we cut the sh!t and appreciate LIFE while we have it. Random acts of kindness never hurt anybody. Give a wave. give a hoot.... we are all here much shorter than we realize. Make the world a better place every day.

buttholesurfer

Duke status
Dec 20, 2002
RatBeach
look for the greying Quills out front on Sunday. I hope for K's sake all of his -erbb amigos chat him up, tell stories, and raise some mayhem -
Me and LeeD (and all his acquaintances- or at least his gardener) will be wearing name tags

Not his out front's perfect angle (from my little knowledge of the OC)… but a man's swell worthy of an awesome human. We should all be so lucky on our days- Love You Kenny
We Love you Kenny!

Reactions: diro

MitchellC

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 28, 2016
Honestly, most of us are lucky if we have a few good years left. Just ask Kenny.
Exactly. The bigger question is why does this forum even have a politics sub? If that's ok, then why not another sub-forum for religion or other highly contentious topics completely unrelated to surfing and water activities? Consider the fun & games to be had if one could freely criticize, mock and troll different people of faith?

If you take a gander at BDOutdoors (Bloody Decks, et al), The Hull Truth, and a few other action oriented web sites, they not only do not provide any venue for political and/or religious debates, but they advise against it in general:

---
Dockside Chat
Current events, member introductions and general discussion. No politics or religion please.
---

The only party that benefits in any way is the web publisher by generating additional page views & possible click throughs. So in that regard, surfers are being used and manipulated to serve Weider's rank commercial needs. Like serving alcohol to minors, all one has to do is open up discussion to religion and politics, sit back, and enjoy.

I understand the intent was to essentially quarantine the main surfing discussion sub, but in reality the policy should be like any other activity site: a straight up prohibition. First violation equals warning, second results in suspension, third means ban. Knowing what he knew, I think OTF would approve.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Exactly. The bigger question is why does this forum even have a politics sub? If that's ok, then why not another sub-forum for religion or other highly contentious topics completely unrelated to surfing and water activities? Consider the fun & games to be had if one could freely criticize, mock and troll different people of faith?

If you take a gander at BDOutdoors (Bloody Decks, et al), The Hull Truth, and a few other action oriented web sites, they not only do not provide any venue for political and/or religious debates, but they advise against it in general:

---
Dockside Chat
Current events, member introductions and general discussion. No politics or religion please.
---

The only party that benefits in any way is the web publisher by generating additional page views & possible click throughs. So in that regard, surfers are being used and manipulated to serve Weider's rank commercial needs. Like serving alcohol to minors, all one has to do is open up discussion to religion and politics, sit back, and enjoy.

I understand the intent was to essentially quarantine the main surfing discussion sub, but in reality the policy should be like any other activity site: a straight up prohibition. First violation equals warning, second results in suspension, third means ban. Knowing what he knew, I think OTF would approve.
No.

diro

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
I love this quote about Death from OTF (August 2019). CLASSIC Kenny.

Shut up Eunice, we are going to bed.
My unicorn is you're horn savior. May the rainbow
and decapitatid bodies line up.

Do you like pepper and salt on you're calf
meat???

As for death? A small 5'9 blond about
120 lbs. two bottles of red wine and three
Mollies up my ass should do the trick.

Just saying.
:drowning:

Jan 14, 2020
I’m stuck in Omaha tonight could not make the last flight. Will one of you that know me please tell Michelle I intended to be there for the service.
I plan on being at the paddle out Sunday will pin a name tag on myself in crayon

Reactions: diro and Waldo