RIP otf???

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
I had a friend who died of brain cancer and before she died she left a message on my answering machine.

I had it after she was dead.

I had to delete it. Because hearing her recording gave me this jolt of disbelief and grief.
Thanks for posting this
My mom died in January. I checked and I don’t have any voicemails from her, but I called her phone nad it went to voicemail, and got to hear her voice again
Thanks for the idea
Now I just have to figure out how to get a voicemail or some recording of her voicemail greeting in case we get around to canceling her phone service

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Thanks for posting this
My mom died in January. I checked and I don’t have any voicemails from her, but I called her phone nad it went to voicemail, and got to hear her voice again
Thanks for the idea
Now I just have to figure out how to get a voicemail or some recording of her voicemail greeting in case we get around to canceling her phone service
So you like hearing her voice?

It reminds me of what I lost and stirs up my grief, which is alway there beneath the surface.

My sisters have pictures of my dead parents all over their houses.

When I look at the pictures and see them I get a grief burst.

When we have dinners, they like to talk about them.

I have to leave the room.

I'm a sensitive guy.

I miss my mommy.:cry:

• Sad
Reactions: the janitor

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Yeah, everyone’s different
I don’t mourn my loss. I really am thankful for her being an incredibly positive influence on me and my family
I miss her, sure, but I realize I was lucky for having her, and even lucky in the way she was healthy and smart and funny until the day she died (well, the day before) suddenly
She life’s a long life. But never got old

I hope OTF’s loved ones are able to look back on the good times and positive influence Kenny had with them

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
So you like hearing her voice?

It reminds me of what I lost and stirs up my grief, which is alway there beneath the surface.

My sisters have pictures of my dead parents all over their houses.

When I look at the pictures and see them I get a grief burst.

When we have dinners, they like to talk about them.

I have to leave the room.

I'm a sensitive guy.

I miss my mommy.:cry:
Someone once told me something that helped with that. For the purposes of this exercise it is necessary to envision your parents up in heaven looking down upon you. Do you think that if every time their name was brought up your grief filled response would be something they would enjoy? To have their memory fill you with nothing but grief? What about all the good times? Do you think they would want to have their entire lives reduced to the moment of their deaths?

That one may not work with a Jewish mother. (couldn't resist) so here's another.

The depth of your love is NOT proportional to the depth of your grief. Feeling pain like it is your duty as a good son is a waste. Love is not measured in terms of grief.

That's all I got. Like everything else in life, easier said than done.

Last edited: