Riot videos and reaction here

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
yep and not to forget the douchebag cop who targeted the little kid.
which is worse:
stupid parental decision or malice from a professional?
I have a hard time believing that? I could believe that they pulled their kid over there to the line of cops and the cops sprayed somebody and she got some of it. Spray is kind of like that. So video, or I doubt it happened.

If not, somebody should call CPS. No doubt that possibility occurred to them after the fact.

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
I have a hard time believing that? I could believe that they pulled their kid over there to the line of cops and the cops sprayed somebody and she got some of it. Spray is kind of like that. So video, or I doubt it happened.

If not, somebody should call CPS. No doubt that possibility occurred to them after the fact.
A large leap of faith with several layers of this could have happened.

Cops sometimes do very bad things, with impunity. Here are some Brazzo cops doing bad things w/ spray-on suffering.

MitchellC

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 28, 2016
This has been a fun year so far. Some of my better work.
Same old, same old. If you want to understand how the world actually works, all you need to do is review any number of nature shows illustrating competition over scarce resources. It doesn't matter if it's territory, females, game, forage or pride/herd primacy - every organism fights for survival.

More specific to the bald ape, the best observations were made by Marx and other social commentators. Marx correctly identified class struggle as the most basic element of economic tension and very crux of social conflict.

Knowing this, one has essentially two options: align with the losers and suffer similar fates, or adopt and embrace the two most indifferent, yet realistic reactions to maintaining order, power & control: "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"; and "Men are not hanged for stealing horses, but that horses may not be stolen."

Every generation gets a quick history reminder of how/why the Egyptian, Greeks, Romans, Normans, French, British, Chinese, every S American country, the USA, et al created, impose and enforce legal mechanisms that maintain and exercise power of the elite.

The risk of defeat and chance of reversal are so small that they really aren't a factor. Sure, maybe every 75-100 years: France, Russia, China, etc. So the odds warrant banking on the existing regime.

In this particular case, who do we expect will (once again) come out ahead? As a selfish surfer, don't you want to be the one who personally benefits in order to further enable your purely selfish pursuit of the best waves possible?

Now, let's add in resource constraints (fossil fuels, water, air, land), population growth and environmental degradation. IOW, the minor league stuff going on right now will soon enough stop being an abstract game and will begin to really represent an existential threat to maintaining a good/great lifestyle.

You either get smart and realistic about what's coming down the pike, our you keep jerking yourself silly as the wave fast approaches.

Reactions: Billy Ocean