Rincon Classic

SteveT

Phil Edwards status
Apr 11, 2005
pagey said:
obslop said:
pagey said:
They always have water patrol to keep out interlopers (not always successful), but it's a true locals' contest, so most surfers respect that. This year they are running in the cove rather than up at the rivermouth, so free surfers will have a lot of room up top. Waves will be fun, especially on Sunday.
surreal.

you're sitting at the top of the cove with 100+ surfers up the point fighting like hell to catch waves and then as each wave approaches your spot in the line-up the surfer riding it has to exit so you can catch it.
True. Not the best weekend to surf Rincon if you aren't in the contest. No parking anyway.
Actually, it was the opposite.
Top lot had plenty of parking in the AM and I was really surprised at the low number of people out at the indicator and rivermouth for the quality of surf on hand.
Think a lot of folks stayed away thinking what you said.

obslop

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Feb 4, 2002
san diego, CA
SBSteve said:
pagey said:
obslop said:
pagey said:
They always have water patrol to keep out interlopers (not always successful), but it's a true locals' contest, so most surfers respect that. This year they are running in the cove rather than up at the rivermouth, so free surfers will have a lot of room up top. Waves will be fun, especially on Sunday.
surreal.

you're sitting at the top of the cove with 100+ surfers up the point fighting like hell to catch waves and then as each wave approaches your spot in the line-up the surfer riding it has to exit so you can catch it.
True. Not the best weekend to surf Rincon if you aren't in the contest. No parking anyway.
Top lot had plenty of parking in the AM and I was really surprised at the low number of people out at the indicator and rivermouth for the quality of surf on hand.
that's that weird reverse psychology contest thing; doesn't always work but when it does . . . .

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
SBSteve said:
pagey said:
obslop said:
pagey said:
surreal.

I went to little Rincon both days. :facelick:

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
I had plans to go and with the idea of getting some waves nearby or in the cove/rivermouth. Those plans didn't work out so had to surf Oceanside Harbor. Not the same