Riding my quad as a twin

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
@Duffy LaCoronilla
Tried the twin with 2 nubster trailers today. Bit too loose for this board- would feel it skip on releasing on the only real turns I attempted; waves were pretty marginal so didn't allow for much. Still intrigued enough to try it in a board with a narrower tail. Maybe R. Smoothie roundtail.
IMG_3109.jpeg
IMG_3110.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: csarqui

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
@Duffy LaCoronilla
Tried the twin with 2 nubster trailers today. Bit too loose for this board- would feel it skip on releasing on the only real turns I attempted; waves were pretty marginal so didn't allow for much. Still intrigued enough to try it in a board with a narrower tail. Maybe R. Smoothie roundtail.
View attachment 98256

View attachment 98257
Yeah, I think narrow tails are better suited. I’d like to try it on a quad fish but I don’t have one.

Get another one and put it in the center box, or....

...use two of these...

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Yeah, I like that little TA 2.5” as a trailer with twins. I’ll keep messing around with it. Fun to notice little differences each fin makes... in small waves when you’re not worried about blowing a good wave!

Mar 27, 2019
Somewhere
Yeah, I like that little TA 2.5” as a trailer with twins. I’ll keep messing around with it. Fun to notice little differences each fin makes... in small waves when you’re not worried about blowing a good wave!
I bet a 2 plus one set would do well on that. The Captain fin Tyler warren set is nice