RETURN OF THE QUAD

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
me too but now I love quads, even on good wave bores. just depends on design and placement. casa hates twins so we need to as well.
I’ve actually only liked quads in good, hollow waves. My two favorites were my current 6’1 Robert’s step up with 5 boxes and a Roberts dream catcher with 5 boxes I had shaped for a single board quiver to backpack with.

cjs2002

Nep status
Jan 24, 2008
DK dialer been my DD lately. such a fun board. i did switch out the canard quads for Pavel "super dialer" fins and it's made the board even better

Reactions: MathDebater
Mar 7, 2018
Nothing wrong with running a smaller center IMO
Unfortunately for me, I am always running a little centre fin
Flippy made 'em look t!ts at Stressles today.
he did. Really nice deep bottom turns into nice top turns. It was good to watch. Not convinced it was the right way to end a championship. But he had a good board setup for the conditions on the day. I wonder if glen winton et al are chuffed to see the design reach championship winning potential.

Swallow Tail

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 6, 2017
Your Mom’s House
I love quads n ride em in everything except at a couple spots around here that are short and intense-n end up out running the wave. Really only time I’ the thruster thing

Some observations:

They are the most finicky to set up as a “magic board”

Very sensitive to fin changes, much more so than thrusters.
Can go from a dud to stud w a fin change.

Rears on the rails vs closer to the stringer are very different feeling

For long/deep barrels they’re the best IMO- they’ll let you “float” over the foam ball, fast of course, and able to hold/keep a very high line in der barrel as well.