Republicans in a nutshell

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
I think the bill will be fine. I need to personally learn a lot more about federal minimum wage strategies before I have a firm opinion on that subject. This is a Covid relief bill, snd I don't mind if that's all it is.

Reactions: enframed

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
for sure - im just saying the d's are doing themselves any favors by saying sh!t like 2000 checks for everyone, student loans debt gone, free healthcare for all.

they know these things wont happen.
Most of those things Biden has said no to. So it’s not Democrats who want that, it’s some more liberal Democrats who want that.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
the democrats are just doing theatre for optics. they come up this sh!t they know will have no chance to get the votes and then cry and point fingers when they dont get the votes. in the end nothing winds up happening or its severely compromised making them look bad again because they never deliver on their promises. they should come up with more relaitic goals that they know people from acroos the aisle will get behind so stuff actuallly gets done.
BTW:

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
for sure - im just saying the d's are doing themselves any favors by saying sh!t like 2000 checks for everyone, student loans debt gone, free healthcare for all.

they know these things wont happen.
Thy have to please their base just like the Repubs.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
The sad thing about that isn't that idiot Mike Lindell. The sad thing is that 50K people in any city anywhere will go hear him talk. That there are that many people who are so pissed off at "the system" that they would go to an arena and listen to a nutjob like him is kind of scary.

Reactions: $kully

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Most small business fail in the first 6 years.

I think I read that.

Or just conflated it.

It sounds good.

So many opportunities when we come out of this thing.

It's like a reset.

I should trademark that.

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
How different is that from a normal year?
Good question, I don't know.

Most (like 75+ percent) restaurants close within 5 years anyway, but not necessarily due to "failure." Five years is a good runt these days, and attention spans are short; people always want new and there's always a new "influencer" showing what's new.

Also, 5 years is a typical lease agreement. So closing could be as simple as gentrification or just general rent jacking by a greedy landlord who sees a good income generted on their poroperty. Closing a restaurant is never necessarily a sign of failure, especially if you are renting the space.

Thomas Keller tells people thinking about opening a restaurant to buy the space first, then open a restaurant. Way less likely to close if you own the building.

Last edited:

Phi1

Phil Edwards status
May 21, 2002
Hell Cajon, Ca
the democrats are just doing theatre for optics. they come up this sh!t they know will have no chance to get the votes and then cry and point fingers when they dont get the votes. in the end nothing winds up happening or its severely compromised making them look bad again because they never deliver on their promises. they should come up with more relaitic goals that they know people from acroos the aisle will get behind so stuff actuallly gets done.
Dems have a history of aiming high, compromising to gain bipartisan support, then send something through that doesn’t get it anyway.

Thus ended the quixotic search for bipartisan support that proved so costly. It delayed passage of Obama’s signature achievement into 2010, forcing compromises that won no Republican votes and ensuring that voters didn’t see much benefit from the new law before that year’s midterm elections, which delivered big GOP gains.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I couldn't write that joke if I tried...holy cow, that is gold!