Republicans are openly a cult of personality

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
A lot of Trump's support comes from people who agree with his politics. Which that is truly the bigger problem for the GOP establishment and his other opposition. The Fck You is another big motivator.

Telling the SJWs to GFY is never the wrong decision.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
A lot of Trump's support comes from people who agree with his politics. Which that is truly the bigger problem for the GOP establishment and his other opposition. The Fck You is another big motivator.

Rationalization for supporting a scumbag. Sad statement on America.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
If you actually wanted to make America a better place, is atavism really the best philosophy?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Wasn't 100% of the focus of 100% of the DNC and 90% of mass media on stopping the last administration? Why cry when the other side plays the same games you do?

Also "insurrection" :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
No; all 12 Nays in the Senate on Federal Sentencing reform were Republicans, as were all 36 Nays in the House. Kushner's baby, with Trump's support, did not get a single no vote from a Democrat in the Senate or House.

Not one.

The notion that purely partisan intransigence for power's sake is a symmetrical problem is demonstrably false, in the extreme. Not kind of. Not it's a bit different. It's radically different. Sahara vs the Amazon different.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
No; all 12 Nays in the Senate on Federal Sentencing reform were Republicans, as were all 36 Nays in the House. Kushner's baby, with Trump's support, did not get a single no vote from a Democrat in the Senate or House.

Not one.

The notion that purely partisan intransigence for power's sake is a symmetrical problem is demonstrably false, in the extreme. Not kind of. Not it's a bit different. It's radically different. Sahara vs the Amazon different.
A basic truth that the stupid refuse to accept, BUT BOTH SIDES!!!!

Reactions: sizzld1

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006

I disagree. A lot of Trump supporters don't know or even care about his policies, they just know Cheeto sticks it to the libs, and that's the Most Important Thing.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
Ann Coulter on Trump
Thank you. Can you all hear me? I don't want you to miss any of my invective. Everyone can hear.

I was just talking [skip in audio] no one no one asked me what the title of my speech was going to be, and I thought I had a really good one two weeks ago. I wanted it to be "Donald Trump: America's Greatest President," because I figured if he keeps his promises he will be America's greatest president and also I kind of assume everything you guys hate about him I love about him.

However, we have these Cro-Magnons – not many of them but in America – and they are defending every single thing Trump does. He sells out the base and you see all these tweets online or blog posts going up" "Oh, you don't see what he's accomplished here. He's playing 3D chess." If I hear that 3D chess thing one more time, I'm gonna track them down and kill their children. They are really not helping. We need to hold his feet to the fire. He's very easily distracted. So maybe the title would be "Donald Trump: America's Greatest President?" with a question mark. We'll leave it at that.

If you are familiar with my work, you know that I was Donald Trump's first supporter even, before Donald Trump thought he could win. He won me over with a Mexican rapist speech and there was no turning back.

It's not like he's some master political strategist. He didn't come up the way most politicians do. He wasn't a senator. He wasn't a governor. He was a reality TV star. He just saw this thousand dollar bill lying on the ground and said, "Hey, anybody else gonna pick this up? I think I'll pick this up."

Because for 20 years, both political parties have been lying to us. They win an election but the American people don't win. No, their job is still outsourced, their manufacturing plant gets moved to China. Their wages are going down like mad as cheap labor is dumped on the country. Their kids are boxed out of college by affirmative action for immigrants, new people being brought in.

That's what a win for the Republican Party looks like, but that wasn't what a win looks like for Donald Trump. No, he was the first person in my lifetime – well I guess there was Reagan – who came along and said, "I'm gonna put America first." Americans first on trade, on immigration, on war, on jobs.

Who could have guessed that that appealing to this small niche of the voters – the American people – would be so popular? No one in the Republican brain trust. No, they were blown away by that.

For years, my party – my ex party, it's now the Trumpian Republican Party – but the ex, the official GOP or Republican party, their position has been, you know, you want to run for a Republican… They say, oh yeah, okay, fine, that's great. Here are these issues you need to take. You're going to be for massive tax cuts, for pointless wars, for destroying the entitlement programs. It's like saying, you know, "Here – we're gonna give you some leg weights and blinders and here's this 80-pound backpack for you to carry with you."

Well luckily for Trump, he didn't need the donors. He didn't need the party. So he could just run on the popular issues. He could take one from each side; whatever's popular, he'd do it. It was as if all the other Republican candidates – I'm mostly talking about Republicans here because that's the big shake-up – it's as if they all said, "No, no – we're too dignified to take steroids. We won't run on those popular issues," and Trump said, "Screw it. I'm taking steroids."

So it wasn't as if voters looked around and thought, "Oh look – there's this tacky, gauche reality TV star. Let's make him president. That would be fun." No, they finally had someone who was offering them a chance to vote on the issues they've been dying to vote on for 30 years.

• Haha
Reactions: afoaf and kidfury

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
He won me over with a Mexican rapist speech and there was no turning back.
Wow :roflmao:

my ex party, it's now the Trumpian Republican Party – but the ex, the official GOP or Republican party, their position has been, you know, you want to run for a Republican… They say, oh yeah, okay, fine, that's great. Here are these issues you need to take. You're going to be for massive tax cuts, for pointless wars, for destroying the entitlement programs
This I agree with. While I would rather have Bush Jr's demeanor, Trump's positions were more palatable.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
I quoted the entirety of that part of her speech despite that crack. She goes on about immigration later on in the speech.

Obviously the biggest issue that he ran and won on was immigration. At every single campaign stop – Build the wall, build the wall. It was that the line that launched a thousand hats, posters, signs, chants, prototypes.

And the left – the left who's upset about this because, number one, lots of cheap labor is really good for the rich. They get to look like big humanitarians and they get the house cleaned. So they got Juanita the maid and they got to strut around like they're Martin Luther King.

It's also great for the Democratic Party. The Democratic Party, weirdly enough, hasn't been able to get a majority of white Americans to vote for them since 1948, other than the aberrational 1964 landslide. That's kind of a tough record to run on if you can't get any white Americans to vote for you.

So Democrats just looked around the country and said, "Okay, you won't vote for us, Americans. Fine. We're bringing in ringers." And that's what they did with Teddy Kennedy's 1965 Immigration Act.

Apparently our entire lives have to be dedicated to, you know, honoring the ascendancy of this one Irish Catholic family. Everybody in the Kennedy family gets a prize. So, you know, Bobby and JFK got to have civil rights but Teddy was in his room pouting and wouldn't come out until he got his own legacy, so they gave him civil rights for the entire world, like the belief of some weird hippie cult. "The rest of the world has a right to move here and you have to support them." That's our immigration policy now.

So instead of people who had been populating America for the first four centuries of its existence, which was mostly British Isles, Germany and western Africans, suddenly we were taking the poorest of the poor, people from the most divergent cultures. It was like, no, this isn't going to be difficult enough that they're poor and have no skills. Let's make sure they also don't speak our language.

And we have taken in, now, more than 50 million immigrants, 85% of them – this is since the '65 act, it really started in 1970 – 50 million immigrants, 85% from the Third World, driving down wages, harming the working class, and the Democrats don't care. They're getting the votes. And the Republicans don't care because their donors want the cheap labor.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
It's also great for the Democratic Party. The Democratic Party, weirdly enough, hasn't been able to get a majority of white Americans to vote for them since 1948, other than the aberrational 1964 landslide. That's kind of a tough record to run on if you can't get any white Americans to vote for you.