Rental Cars

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Enterprise set me up with a nicely packaged VW Passat. Probably 2017/18 or so.It's great, but I could use something that I can fit boards in with a car seat in the back.

Anyone know of a way to actually SEE what your local rental agency has in stock without calling them? I picked a "standard" size vehicle and got a Passat, which wasn't listed in the "cars like___" description, but a nice upgrade from what I would have selected had I been paying. I'm curious if there is something that would suit me a bit better since my insurance does not seem to be in a hurry to get my car back to me.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
When my Vanagon got hit by a hit and run drunk driver and was in the shop for a month and a half my insurance paid for a rental. I used to opportunity to test drive a few pick up trucks. I got spoiled by the luxury of a F150 Lariat and was disappointed with the Ford Ranger (small cab, ridiculously small bed, and only a 1-2 mpg better that the F150). Nissan was the same as the Ranger only worse styling IMO.

I had to call every day to find out what they (Enterprise) had. And not only that but if there were two or three local lots, you had to call each one separately. They did not seem to have a common data base. Also, the cars came and went fast. I used Enterprise but before I settled on them I tried other companies and it seemed the same.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Any car in the aisle with national, but that may only be reliable or offered at major airport locations :shrug:. it’s nice just rolling up with you wife and coffin bag and other luggage and grabbing the best suv in the aisle and away you go

HarryLopez2

Legend (inyourownmind)
Sep 11, 2020
.... was fricken expensive this past summer in Hawaii. Just to get a car not a Uhaul was a score.