RENT IS DUE

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
It Dont stop and it Dont quit.

Got hit up today by CalSTRS. All of you retired Cali Teachers. $750,000 due for 1 month. For one community college.

JBerry

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 8, 2017
My employee sent me a screen grab of a text. it read:

'don't worry about the rent this month'

'THANK YOU SO MUCH i COULD REALLY USE THE $1400 FOR FOOD AND NECESSITIES'

'April Fools!, I will be there for the rent this afternoon'

Actually really pissed me off to see that text, then he said it was a joke....whew!

Reactions: donger and Aruka

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
Problem is a lot of landlords, like myself, are essentially small businesses. If I don’t get rent for my places I will go broke pretty quick as these are not my sole source of income. I have a mortgage to pay.

I don’t disagree with the thought if the tenants are out of work, not if they’re working from home. but it can’t be arbitrarily “no more rent to those meanie landlords”, mortgages and other costs must be paused as well.

TangTonic

Nep status
Feb 24, 2011
But didn't someone say in another thread that loans and debts are the way to leverage assets and make money?

Doesn't seem to work so well when those payments can't be made. That's why I stay far from loans and pay for things in full, including property and vehicles.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
But didn't someone say in another thread that loans and debts are the way to leverage assets and make money?

Doesn't seem to work so well when those payments can't be made. That's why I stay far from loans and pay for things in full, including property and vehicles.
If you have that much cash in the bank, then good on you for doing so well. Not realistic in most coastal areas.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
If you have that much cash in the bank, then good on you for doing so well. Not realistic in most coastal areas.
Property you are doing well if you can buy cash coastal. Cars, I think way too many people spend way too much money trying to be cool. I understand some working/middle class person who needs $10-12k for reliable transportation needs a bit of a loan but given what the median income is and how many cars I see that are so hilariously nicer than mine, I think there's a ton of people taking out a loan on a car with an MSRP of their annual income. Not necessarily good.