Remember when...

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Who was 23chips? What happened to HT Hallucinogenic Toreador? He wrote good board reviews.

I also imagined LeeD was an old carp, not a 30 year old Asian. Didn't he claim to charge huge OBSF? And wasn't he a board and fin expert? Or was that Halcyon? Was Halcyon here or only at Swaylocks? sh!t I'm losing it. I better go back to the old geezers thread...

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
LeeD said he surfed a Bic. Halcyon was the fin guy. That tennis video can't be LD.

Trolling LD was fun. If I do say so, I did him better than he did.

I got canceled for my Boy Stewart imp however. Seems management felt that one was way too mean.

Bassy eventually wouldn't even talk to me. I'd go for the log in on a troll and it had just vanished.

:roflmao:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: tacos, jkb and Hump

rice

Duke status
Jul 2, 2002
CA
I think @L8 was in law school when he dropped out of sight from this place
If anyone’s in touch with him, tell him rg says what’s up, man
@L8 came to my house here once and bought a board. Super nice guy.

I surfed the canyon once with ccg and reeker, together.

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
FTF is alive and well in NCSD. Still ripping ramps and the surf.
One of the handful of erBBer's I've met. We went for a surf looking all over Carlbad's/O'side and finally ended up back where we started. Cool guy. I think it was when Circus Freak was living at his pad temporarily?

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
I was never hip enough to be a troll or an imp, except for the time I registered at SurferGirl.com or whatever it was.
I registered as Frump, a surfer girl from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.

Can't recall what happened to her.

Take care.
ha! Ya should have seen me pull into the Passport area of BC headed for Regina heading to see my daughter with a surfboard. Got a bunch of humorous crap from the Border agents at the airport. Her Mom and Family were farmers with huge sections of land. I'd go up during the summers to harvest grain and etc. Drove a truck chasing the combine for hours a day.
Saskatoon was a fun place.... kind of. ;)

Reactions: Hump

centrlcoastkook

Billy Hamilton status
Jul 2, 2002
Whatever happened to Craig from Sb, but then Hawaii? Seems like a long time since I've seen a post from him. Or what about CentrlCoastLurker..or for that matter whatever happened to CCG?

Fuller

Tom Curren status
Jan 10, 2002
.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>
Whatever happened to Craig from Sb, but then Hawaii? Seems like a long time since I've seen a post from him. Or what about CentrlCoastLurker..or for that matter whatever happened to CCG?
There's a craigj532 over at Slowtwich - the triathlon forum. Still active. A couple of other 'erbb posters have come and gone - Badfish aka JuanKerr comes to mind.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Landloct

maybe

Michael Peterson status
Jul 23, 2011
Hootski was legit
diro
waterbaby

nep and disco tex were both ASCII gas bags - lots of words with little content
k_uno got lame once he became a trannie - much better when he was posting pics of chicks taking showers next door.

Mr J

Michael Peterson status
Aug 18, 2003
Regional Vic, Australia
Who was 23chips? What happened to HT Hallucinogenic Toreador? He wrote good board reviews.

I also imagined LeeD was an old carp, not a 30 year old Asian. Didn't he claim to charge huge OBSF? And wasn't he a board and fin expert? Or was that Halcyon? Was Halcyon here or only at Swaylocks? sh!t I'm losing it. I better go back to the old geezers thread...
23chips I don't know. I started on swaylocks, then started on the now defunct surfline forum where HT was known as "speedy". Then I moved over here, but mainly confining myself to the design forum, so I think I missed a fair bit of drama from the sound of this thread.

I liked LeeD, who I first know on the surfline forum, he later came to Swaylocks. LeeD is Asian but a good few years older than us. In real life his name is Domond Lee and he gets a mention in William Finnegan's book Barbarian Days - described as a SF "tough" who drove a taxi. At the time he was posting here I believe he was a gardener.

LeeD was indeed a board and everything "expert". Lead an incredibly full life. Racing dirt bikes, working with composites, familiar with the whole surfboard construction process. Dabbled with windsurfing and kite boards. Said he used to surf big SF and told me that there is a picture of him doing that in Wise's surf shop.

I don't remember Halcyon posting here, but just coz I don't remember doesn't mean a lot! I do remember him on Swaylocks, maker of beautiful looking glass fibre fins.

LeeD had a very good technical understanding of surfboard design and could explain what made a good Sunset board, OBSF board. HT gave very in depth reviews of why he liked a board and was quite observant about its shape and features, but for me at least his reviews lacked technical explanation of why they worked. I seem to remember he had some fused vertebrae, but that didn't stop him from ripping.

What I have been wondering is what happened to Blakestah? Moved to New Jersey and then disappeared. Inventor of "surf trucks" the spring loaded swivelling tri fins, had pics of him riding it in big OBSF. Very clever man - understood the physics of hydrodynamics.

Reactions: tacos

warble2

Gerry Lopez status
May 5, 2008
Anyone remember the Mavericks surf forum? Total cesspool. :D
Aggroville. Some classic characters on there with lots of talk about surfing the Potato Patch and Duxbury Reef

~WITH THat SNApCAsE ...BK!!! HE tYPed----LIkE THIs!!!! LIKE e.e. cummings ON CRACK!!`~```

Free the Pappys

Reactions: stringcheese

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
What I have been wondering is what happened to Blakestah? Moved to New Jersey and then disappeared. Inventor of "surf trucks" the spring loaded swivelling tri fins, had pics of him riding it in big OBSF. Very clever man - understood the physics of hydrodynamics.
He ended up moving from San Francisco to Augusta, Georgia, for a better job. Wife and a kid (?) and career opportunity = change.

Last I heard, his research was in the area of deep brain stimulation with possible Alzheimer's treatment aspects.

Still have one of his rotating center fins. Last board with it died a bad death in San Mateo County due to a frayed leash string. Just need the right Craigslist board to experiment with......

Reactions: Mr J