Relocating to San Diego - What neighborhoods should I be looking at?

Buoy_maker

OTF status
Feb 20, 2017
inshore sucked last year but lots of tuna within private boat range. Oh I heard they spotted BFT on the south 9. Here we go again....
Not surprising, bft were speared last January. Gotta finish filling the freezer with bugs before tuna hunting. Big wsb around, but why go if bft are here.

ULUSURFER

Gerry Lopez status
Jan 2, 2007
Australia
Visit site
Choosing to move to SD now doesn't make sense to me. The crowds are more intense than ever and cost of living is out of control. I would move to Capetown, France, Portugal, or Oz NZ.
oz is epic. I’m a NCSD local and spent years living in in OZ. If you’re outside Sydney it’s fairly cheap. Everything except alcohol and cars are significantly cheaper than San Diego. And the waves are way way way better

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
they are?
I wouldn’t say that’s totally true. Rent possibly, groceries and petrol no, other consumables seemed not too far off (with the exchange rate). Have done a few multi week trips to Oz and spent time anywhere from Brisbane down to the Torquay area and that’s what I’ve noticed.

ShiverMeTimbers

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Mar 21, 2006
Gig Harbor
www.peistcharters.com
I would assume it's gotten more expensive and crowded everywhere. SD is still a lot cheaper than LA or Bay area. Sign of the times.
Yeah, but NOW would you want to be starting from scratch in SD and working in the service industry? That's a big pool of similar people fighting for those coveted bar gigs. It may be cheaper that LA, but if I was single and looking to surf/live somewhere, I would get a hell of a lot more creative in creating a future for myself. It's tough to make it in SoCal. Go somewhere that is going to offer a chance to get ahead, not just tread water. If I were talking to myself 20 years ago, that's what I would say.