Relocating to San Diego - What neighborhoods should I be looking at?

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
I’d skip San Diego. The surf isn’t easy to access. LJ got too much traffic to get too the surf.

North County is nice but a far commute up and lots of traffic.

Go Ventura or SB.

There is a lot of prime Punani though like someone else mentioned.

Feb 20, 2017
Crown point, can get to La Jolla or ob in the same amount of time. Easy in and out by car. Summer surf in San Diego sucks but paddy hopping makes up for it. Don’t miss the full hood 5/4/3 and booties of the central coast, but hate the donkey show in the lineups here. Competent surfers can easily get waves here.

Reactions: bluemarlin04

Drumsurf

Billy Hamilton status
Nov 4, 2012
Beach
Too bad paddy hopping was weak this year! Good fishing but man I couldn't find a productive paddy all freaking season.

Feb 20, 2017
Too bad paddy hopping was weak this year! Good fishing but man I couldn't find a productive paddy all freaking season.
I had a couple days where we found 500+ yt on the paddies. Not rats, but 8-10lbers. Friend shot a 28lber of my boat. Then all tuna, into November. But very few dodos. Current hooked around sci and blocked the warm water.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Last time i was there was with GEO oh man 8
is all i can say

Sandra still alive?
was that the little place i got drunk with you guys like 9 years ago? After we did the La Jolla seafood place for shots and snacks and then we went to a dive bar. My boy seamus was driving (sober), i was 5/7 blacked out by then

Reactions: gbg

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
I had a couple days where we found 500+ yt on the paddies. Not rats, but 8-10lbers. Friend shot a 28lber of my boat. Then all tuna, into November. But very few dodos. Current hooked around sci and blocked the warm water.
inshore sucked last year but lots of tuna within private boat range. Oh I heard they spotted BFT on the south 9. Here we go again....

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
What’s paddy hopping?

Can always get into mountain biking in summer. Got some good spots

averagejoe

Miki Dora status
May 28, 2008
So far away
www.mardawg.com
is the surf fishing any good?
i’ve been trying down in baja but it seems pretty fickle.
camped at a spot on the south pacific side bc i heard they were getting fish. some canadian guy told me they were pulling yellowtail and dorado off the beach a few days before. there were 20 guys on the beach the morning i was there and not a bite. too much surf.

Truth

Phil Edwards status
Jul 18, 2002
was that the little place i got drunk with you guys like 9 years ago? After we did the La Jolla seafood place for shots and snacks and then we went to a dive bar. My boy seamus was driving (sober), i was 5/7 blacked out by then

i would say you were 3/7 if you remember that much !!!!!!

Reactions: Subway

tsenn

Billy Hamilton status
Feb 11, 2004
san diego
Tenover has a good coastal breakdown...not sure what kind of lifestyle you want, but the somewhat inland areas have a lot to offer...North park/South park/Golden hill, Bay Park/Clairmont, San Marcos/Carlsbad/Vista/Bonsall are cool...van life? post up off SeaWorld drive on the river...

sdsurfrat

Michael Peterson status
Jun 2, 2008
Oceanside is nothing but homeless, problems, hardships, closeouts, don't come here!