Red tide - We Ride?

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
Neti + rocket stove in the surf/dive/camp box but don't use it as often as I intended. It has been used it twice as a pancake syrup dispenser and zero times did anyone in the group realize it.

neti.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: keenfish

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
traffic unsane between playa del rey and south manhattan last few nights

stopped in the right lane on vista

lots of fkery

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
Whitey has a pretty long migration pattern. My theory is that the ones showing up were here before when San'O was piping hot water for the buffet. Now the food supply has lessened and they're hungry and pissed, hence the toe nibbling. Are the La Jolla seals the next best option for whitey?

You heard it here first, "surfer chomped at the Shores".
There're big fish in that canyon. I've always had the belief that there was a lot of food for them to keep them at bay so they weren't a concern.
The whole seal / sea lion fiasco at the Cove and Children's pool is a blood bath waiting to happen. The City should have never let them take hold there. Definitely going to be an attack at some point and am surprised it hasn't happen already.

Reactions: oeste858

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
...The whole seal / sea lion fiasco at the Cove and Children's pool is a blood bath waiting to happen. The City should have never let them take hold there. Definitely going to be an attack at some point and am surprised it hasn't happen already.
Totally agree. it is a seal lion buffet. Always sketches me out. I usually surf south of there, but sometimes, Hospitals, just around the bend.
I surfed twice last week during the red tide. It was gross, and my ears are still feeling it- even though I wore SurfEars plugs. Plus this week it really started stinking. Smells like rotten fish in PB. So, I've decided to wait it out. After a couple months, what's another week. Neighbor thinks this swell should help it wash away.