Re-opening schools in the fall....

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Its slightly worse than standard flu. You had it and it was bad, more than half who get it don’t get sick at all.

Ive had flu put me in hospital. A guy I used to train with died of the flu just this last Januar. He was 40 years old.

Not one single story in the news about it.

Your fear has been been manufactured for you.

As more data comes in it makes these shutdowns look dumber and dumber. Look at the data and the science not the news.
But things are opening up.

Yay!

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
what data? what science? Hey you, with the "This!!!!!" what data are you "This!!!"ing about?

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
what data? what science? Hey you, with the "This!!!!!" what data are you "This!!!"ing about?
CDC - Best estímate death rate at 0.4%...

This article published today does some math and so the fatality rate is actually lower than that...

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/280793

The updated CDC figures show a 0.4% death rate for symptomatic cases of coronavirus, down-grading the estimated fatality rate from 1% of symptomatic cases.

With the CDC now estimating that more than a third (35%) of coronavirus cases are completely asymptomatic, the total fatality rate for the coronavirus is now believed to be 0.26%.
And just go ahead and google “school closures a mistake”.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
neither of what you posted had data or science. But, whatever. I'm pragmatic. I'll try not to be infected with the virus.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Gonna be a big old sh*t-show. There’s about a dozen plans in the works and if I were a betting man, they won’t decide on one plan, but instead, will take the worst elements of several plans and slap them together.

You’re exactly right. It’s something being ran by various government agencies so of course it will be a sh!t show

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
CDC - Best estímate death rate at 0.4%...

This article published today does some math and so the fatality rate is actually lower than that...

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/280793

And just go ahead and google “school closures a mistake”.
We've been posting IFRs and death demographics for 8 weeks. How are we doing lessening the panic?

The way forward is to partition "red" and "blue" people into separate countries.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
We've been posting IFRs and death demographics for 8 weeks. How are we doing lessening the panic?

The way forward is to partition "red" and "blue" people into separate countries.
‘I wouldn’t want to live in either of those countries.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
‘I wouldn’t want to live in either of those countries.
There's no way forward with red and blue together. Maybe you wouldn't like either of those countries, but it's time to think about what it would look like without the millstone that is the Left hanging around your neck. We're not going to persuade these people and likely they're going to pull all of us down with them. Look no further than the 20th century to see the result of these ideologies.

• Dislike
  • Haha
Reactions: Woke AF and afoaf

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
There's no way forward with red and blue together. Maybe you wouldn't like either of those countries, but it's time to think about what it would look like without the millstone that is the Left hanging around your neck. We're not going to persuade these people and likely they're going to pull all of us down with them. Look no further than the 20th century to see the result of these ideologies.
christian trump supporter. knice.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
You’re exactly right. It’s something being ran by various government agencies so of course it will be a sh!t show
School districts will try to please all of their parent constituencies. This includes anti-vaxxers, "it's just a flu!" people, "shutdown until vaccine" people, "only old people get it" people, people who will send their kid to toughen them up, people who will protect their kid no matter what, people who loved on-line school, people who hated on-line school, people who need the schools to babysit their kid while they go to work, Trumpers, gays, gun nuts, pissed off people, happy people, and everybody in between.

No one will be pleased and lots of parents will keep their kids home, unless they go to on-line school, whereby those very same parents will be clamoring to send their kids to school.

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
at best it is an opportunity.

the predominant model of modern schooling is not working very well in the USA, on all levels. Here is an opportunity for schools to develop what works for their communities. There are a lot of different pedagogies that work. It is to bad that people making decisions on how to educate are often not educators or are zealots in one form or another: religious, cultural, or self-aggrandized saviors.

The quality of citizens our schools are producing is pathetic and our society is paying the price.