Rawson b2; thoughts?

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
Want.

My only concern is that the nose seems a little wide compared to the tail could make it a little wonky especially at that short length. Personally like a little narrower nose and/or wider tail in eggy boards so they're almost equal. Kinda nitpicking, it looks good and Rawson is the man.

Trip seems stoked on it, but I've never seen a video where he's not as they are pretty much sales tools rather than reviews.

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
Had a Rawson shortboard that was an all time favorite. Definitely more foiled rails, which seems typical of the shapers in Hawaii in my experience. I actually prefer more foiled rails on my twins. I’d grab it for sure, looks fun.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Lifted from Real Link

The design consists of a squashed down Rawson Cheater 5, with a Bonzer bottom and twin fin…thus the name “B2” (from Bonzer 2 fin).

The Rawson B2’s flatter entry rocker and wider nose make paddling and catching waves easier. This flatter rocker also gives you great entry speed into the wave. The thickness and volume are hidden along the centerline of the board. The rails throughout are noticeably foiled. Smooth lines lead to Rawson’s signature round pin which give the board great hold at speed and in the tube.