Random weird and/or interesting surf related videos.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Apparently there's a foil section but I still think this is worth watching for non-foilers.
I saw some guys on those at a local point break doing just that, starting way outside and just working their way down the point, past sections where surfboards can't ride, and when they came through sections where surfers were sitting they were out on the shoulder and didn't bother anyone. Also they were silent and left no wake. I thought, "I want one!" But when I checked on line they were like $12,000. I can make 35 surfboards for that price.

Mr J

Michael Peterson status
Aug 18, 2003
Regional Vic, Australia
That's very unusual. An attempt to reconcile sustainable farming with foam and fibreglass and provide an inspirational meeting for boutique handshapers. I don't recognise any of the names, but decided to randomly google one of them - Donald Brink. Quote from the FAQ on his website "Why are these boards so expensive? " So are these shapers able to charge realistic living wage prices and not work multiple jobs?

The world operates in a sort of equilibrium where good approximately balances evil. Anonymous quote from the Legendary Shaper thread "The downside to being creative/innovative is boards are extremely expensive as there is much smaller supply ,and demand is up. This is when we get to a point and only rich people can afford the boards , so that becomes available in retail store is just Pop outs. "

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Sh!tty short period swell with relentless sets. Not the best time to launch your boat.

(The Manu Bay boat ramp is the only open ocean boat ramp on the west coast of NZ. All the rest are in big natural harbours. In normal ground swells there are long gaps, and waves don't break as wide.)

http://instagr.am/p/CmCzLmOjiA0/

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
This video is pretty epic! Casey does such a good job with his edits!

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Kelly is so smooth!

This is an epic display of the Webber fins flexing and projecting the board forward! You have to be mindful of the timing, but the drive feels so good on these! Time stamped from when Kelly is riding. :jamon: