Random Board thread # 1

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
i wanna try the varial wrapped in cabron option.

the pressure denting on the PE glassed one i had was too much. worse than a Mystery glassed CI from Y2K.

talk me out of it.

Jan 4, 2016
you guys with varials ordering same dims you would in pu/pe?

been wanting one for a while, that yellow one looks like a lot of fun.
One thing I've discovered is if you're a lighter guy (up to around 150 or so) It sometimes helps to drop down 1/16" in thickness. This will facilitate the flex properties.....when I first started making Varials, i did a few for lighter guys at their "regular" dims, and the blanks seemed too rigid unless you take some thickness off them. But, guys above 150 , 160 typically ride them at their regular dims.

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
One thing I've discovered is if you're a lighter guy (up to around 150 or so) It sometimes helps to drop down 1/16" in thickness. This will facilitate the flex properties.....when I first started making Varials, i did a few for lighter guys at their "regular" dims, and the blanks seemed too rigid unless you take some thickness off them. But, guys above 150 , 160 typically ride them at their regular dims.
Being that they don't have stingers, are you glassing them similarly to a stringered PU/PE board or are you glassing them heavier? This would be for regular daily driver type boards, not Pipe boards.

Jan 4, 2016
Being that they don't have stingers, are you glassing them similarly to a stringered PU/PE board or are you glassing them heavier? This would be for regular daily driver type boards, not Pipe boards.
You glass them as you would a reg board. Varial doesn't recommend mixing cloth weights, in other words, if you're going 4 oz. go 4oz. all the way around. f you're going 6 oz, go 6oz all the way around. We typically go double 4 deck, single 4 bottom. If they want it a bit stronger, double 6 deck, single 6 bottom.

Reactions: urchined and jkb