Ranch Access: Shuttles and Cars and Trails, oh my!

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
1%'s own land even skin doc I am going to see at the end of month has a plot even the flat earther's are not scared to boat in along with the rest of the crowd. I really hope it opens and leaves a little more relief to lesser known local spots and boost sales at costco and burton islands.
will probably just make things worse sadly, more van lifers will flock to the area. Last 3 times I surfed it was a shitshow.

I imagine its gotten worse with the covid crowd?Hopefully the new study on duckdives and CTE the errbb is sponsoring will cut down on crowds :roflmao:

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Watch until at least the 1:56 mark
A couple of comments. Where are they going to get the power to run this thing? Solar? Looks like it needs nuke. Does any one have some back-of-the-envelop calculations on this physics of this and the power needs?

They're using one of FireWire's logos so there is a strange convergence of things I don't like in this video.

Where are the men with manbuns and satchels/manpurses in the video? Not very realistic virtual casting IMO.

How is Virgin Galactic coming along?

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
"With hyperloop, vehicles, called pods, accelerate gradually via electric propulsion through a low-pressure tube. The pod floats along the track using magnetic levitation and glides at airline speeds for long distances due to ultra-low aerodynamic drag "

The rectangles on top of the tube are solar panels.

1623951966692.png

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
"With hyperloop, vehicles, called pods, accelerate gradually via electric propulsion through a low-pressure tube. The pod floats along the track using magnetic levitation and glides at airline speeds for long distances due to ultra-low aerodynamic drag "

The rectangles on top of the tube are solar panels.

View attachment 111446
So, mag-lev and sucking an enormous tube close to a vacuum, the former to reduce moving friction and the latter to reduce wind resistance.

I know we have some people on here who can easily suck-start a lawnmower but in my experience in pulling vacuums for electronics, it's tough to maintain a vacuum.

Musk says this is a thing so it must be true. Looks like I'll be betting the farm on this.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Nice video.
Two things I immediately noticed:
1) I would expect that track to cost between $100M and $1B per mile, plus $500M - $2B per station. BTW, those stations and trains looked pretty empty. At that level of ridership the system would go bankrupt pretty quickly.
2) The people that made that video flunked high school physics. How many miles does it take to safely and comfortably slow down passengers from 670MPH to zero? G forces are an actual thing, as is momentum. You can't make that left exit at 1:56 at high speeds due to excessive centrifugal force. And so on.

• Haha
Reactions: r32 and Boneroni

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Nice video.
1) I would expect that track to cost between $100M and $1B per mile, plus $500M - $2B per station. BTW, those stations and trains looked pretty empty. At that level of ridership the system would go bankrupt pretty quickly.
2) The people that made that video flunked high school physics. How many miles does it take to safely and comfortably slow down passengers from 670MPH to zero? G forces are an actual thing, as is momentum. You can't make that left exit at 1:56 at high speeds due to excessive centrifugal force. And so on.
Mere technicalities. Where’s that can do attitude?

• Haha
Reactions: PRCD

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Fook that.

You and a friend.

1500 - 3000 each

Ranch boat.....10 year pass.

Your own private access...

Choose when and where....

Access to all spots...
This looks like perfect flat earth nonsense opportunity for you and you can partner up with the only other moron "atdabeach" and do like a time share deal free condo weekend. You can boat em into ranch and before they can surf they have to listen to your diatribe about the earth and look at all your pics:bricks:

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Modelling by Virgin Hyperloop One in 2016 estimated a per-mile cost of $84 to $121 million for a cut-down 107-mile Bay Area project. This compares to a projected cost of $178 million per mile for the full Californian high speed rail project.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Modelling by Virgin Hyperloop One in 2016 estimated a per-mile cost of $84 to $121 million for a cut-down 107-mile Bay Area project. This compares to a projected cost of $178 million per mile for the full Californian high speed rail project.

Comparing this to the High Speed Rail to Nowhere is a really bad comparison. It's like comparing a Porsche to a Yugo, except the Yugo costs more.

• Haha
Reactions: Subway

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
How many surfcams does Surfline have planned for The Ranch? The HD ones with Rewind and Apple Watch tracking would be awesome.
That would instantly be a ranch rule for landowners and residents. No cams. The rules for residents there are actually pretty gnarly, and enforced.

Reactions: sizzld1

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
This looks like perfect flat earth nonsense opportunity for you and you can partner up with the only other moron "atdabeach" and do like a time share deal free condo weekend. You can boat em into ranch and before they can surf they have to listen to your diatribe about the earth and look at all your pics:bricks:

Jk....but you have zero skin in this topic....

I loved this song when it came out....still do....

Maybe this one more your style eh....

HarryLopez2

Legend (inyourownmind)
Sep 11, 2020

Funny thing is you are maybe a 2/10 or 3/10 commitment to your flat Earth cause, yet name call people who are not as 'committed'. You care, but clearly not as much as you think you do. Par for the course.

Reactions: rowjimmytour

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
Funny thing is you are maybe a 2/10 or 3/10 commitment to your flat Earth cause, yet name call people who are not as 'committed'. You care, but clearly not as much as you think you do. Par for the course.
FFS Harry....I was referring to the topic of the this thread....
:foreheadslap:

• Haha
Reactions: r32

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009

I loved this song when it came out....still do....

Maybe this one more your style eh....

I have plenty of skin in this topic growing up and living in 805 most of my adult life and watching crowds grow at lessor known spots plenty of skin only different way I chose to skin my waves and I believe in real science not some self entitlement, conspiracy fed I was bullied as child bs:drowning:

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009

197 pages King of all goober's:

• Haha
Reactions: Boneroni

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
Nice video.
they can't even get cable cars right, how they gonna manage this? :bricks: