"Racism" is nothing but a distraction driven by politicians and the media

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
Gnudz said:
GDaddy said:
Lots of criminals get off for lack of evidence or lack of even being identified. Blacks most of all, in terms of their representation in the population. Our legal system puts the burden of proof on the state. A tie always goes to the runner.

In the Freddie Gray cases the state has their suspects. What they don't have is the evidence it takes to prove a crime was committed. Counting all their various allegations, the state is now 0-24. Meaning, they can't even prove any of the lesser charges.
Yet Freddie Gray died as a result of injuries he suffered while in police custody, and no one is being held accountable.
[shrugs] Some people think the cops are responsible for his injuries, and some think he's responsible for his injuries. The state hasn't even gotten close to demonstrating the former to the exclusion of the latter. The only thing they did was treat him exactly the same way hundreds of other arrestees are treated every single day across the U.S. He wasn't seat belted into the back of a transport van because he was combative.

If that was such a crime then why aren't people dying every single week under those circumstances? Could it be because that's not the dominant reason for his injuries?

Career crook. Far more experienced than most people in the process of getting arrested, being transported and booked for a crime. There's no aspect of his arrest that he could claim to be ignorant of.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
casa_mugrienta said:
trevorbc said:
GromsDad said:
casa_mugrienta said:
Your freedom ends where harm to others begins.
So by that logic you agree with Michael Bloomberg banning big gulp soda in NYC right? Your consumption of large amounts of soda hurts your health, causes you to use more health care and drives up my costs. What about all of those uninsured people that go to Emergency Rooms when they get sick? Their lack of health insurance hurts me and my family. The government should make they have health care probably right? You heard it here first folks GromsDad supports Obamacare. I'm glad you've come around.
Can you remove my name from that quote please?
Good of you to admit that you don't care if your "freedom" hurts others.

Gnudz

Phil Edwards status
Apr 5, 2011
Jonestown
www.stormsurfing.com
GDaddy said:
A - There's "no evidence for an arrest" and then there's "insufficient evidence for a conviction". I'm sure you can understand the point that the two are not synonymous. Not every arrest SHOULD result in a conviction when the burden of evidence for both is different.

B - Lots of the crooks never even get arrested for lack of evidence, despite what the cops think they know of them. I can't even tell you how many assholes I had to let go for lack of evidence to support an arrest. I CAN tell you that I never made an arrest that was found - upon review by the DA office - to have lacked probable cause.

C - The people who end up in prisons are the ones who have gone through the judicial system. Many times they have agreed to plea bargain for lesser offenses, so they're not even serving the sentence for what they actually did.

D - Even so, blacks as a group really do get convicted of way more violent crime against others relative to their representation in the population - by which I am not referring to the oh-so-unfair drug laws.

E - The rates of black convictions for crimes of violence (not drug crimes) are actually higher than the rates of blacks being shot by police for any reason.

FBI crime statistics

U.S. census info on demographics in the U.S.

"The Guardian" count of police shootings, which lists a larger number of such shootings than the less complete counts from other sources.
None of which addresses the too frequent instances of black men falling victim to law enforcement -whether due to malice, callous disregard, or just plain incompetence- and no one in law enforcement being held accountable.

I'm not denying the problem of black on black crime, nor do I believe the cops are responsible for all the cases that have made the news in the last few years, but I think they clearly are in the Freddie Gray case.

Freddie Gray was arrested for carrying what the cops said was "an illegal switchblade," which turned out to be a legal sized pocketknife. He never should have been arrested in the first place, yet he ended up dead in police custody.

I also believe a lot more black people end up getting pulled over, stopped, and even arrested without probable cause than white people do. The evidence backs that up, no?

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Poor people are targeted by law enforcement because it's expensive to obey all the laws.

I feel sorry for the poor people of other colors who are not getting attention.

As a poor .25 Jew I feel like I need my time in the sun as a victim.

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.
http://www.thelocal.no/20160719/norway-police-rare-shooting-hordaland?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=im&utm_tracker=1722735x84899

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
FecalFace said:
casa_mugrienta said:
trevorbc said:
GromsDad said:
casa_mugrienta said:
So by that logic you agree with Michael Bloomberg banning big gulp soda in NYC right? Your consumption of large amounts of soda hurts your health, causes you to use more health care and drives up my costs. What about all of those uninsured people that go to Emergency Rooms when they get sick? Their lack of health insurance hurts me and my family. The government should make they have health care probably right? You heard it here first folks GromsDad supports Obamacare. I'm glad you've come around.
If people can't use drugs responsibly it's not my problem. Why should my right to partake be infringed on because someone else abuses?

Let's see:

You are anti free speech.
You support compulsory suffrage.
You support leash laws for surfing.
You believe drugs and alcohol should be illegal.
You confuse casual human interaction as an invitation for gay sex.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
casa_mugrienta said:
FecalFace said:
casa_mugrienta said:
trevorbc said:
GromsDad said:
casa_mugrienta said:
If people can't use drugs responsibly it's not my problem. Why should my right to partake be infringed on because someone else abuses?

Let's see:

Look, I don't give a sh!t what you do to your own body. Jump off a building, drink anti-freeze....whatever. If you get caught selling a controlled dangerous substance, particularly to minors, I want you executed. Get over it.

Lance Mannion

Duke status
Mar 7, 2009
In Gods Country
casa_mugrienta said:
FecalFace said:
casa_mugrienta said:
trevorbc said:
GromsDad said:
casa_mugrienta said:

Let's see:

FecalFascist and the cult that he so ably represents is the reason why I use the dripping with sarcasm sneer quotes around the words "liberal/progressives".

They are a straight up fraud.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
GromsDad said:
Look, I don't give a sh!t what you do to your own body. Jump off a building, drink anti-freeze....whatever. If you get caught selling a controlled dangerous substance, particularly to minors, I want you executed. Get over it.
Minors. Thanks for the clarification.

So for the record you support the right of adults to use drugs? Just not minors?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
CharmingSophisticate said:
FecalFascist and the cult that he so ably represents is the reason why I use the dripping with sarcasm sneer quotes around the words "liberal/progressives".

More like religious politicos of the Falwell variety.

Lance Mannion

Duke status
Mar 7, 2009
In Gods Country
casa_mugrienta said:

The thing is, it's easy to tune out Fundamentalist Christians that you find annoying whereas it's damned near impossible to tune out "liberal/progressives" because they've been so successful at foisting their collective religious views on our daily lives using the power of law.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
casa_mugrienta said:
FecalFace said:
casa_mugrienta said:
trevorbc said:
GromsDad said:
casa_mugrienta said:
If other people can't use guns responsibly, that should be my problem too. My right to partake in gun fetishism should not infringe on someone else freedom of not getting shot.

Let's see:

You are anti hate speech.
You support compulsory voting.
You support no leash laws for surfing.
You believe drugs and alcohol should be legal
You correctly identify sexual inuendo as an invitation for gay sex.
We finally agree on something. :cheers:

You just forgot to mention that by insisting on clinging on to your freedom to pursue your gun nut fantasy, you are helping kill 34,000 Americans per year.

Well done sir, well done.

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.
casa_mugrienta said:

The thing is, it's easy to tune out Fundamentalist Christians that you find annoying whereas it's damned near impossible to tune out "liberal/progressives" because they've been so successful at foisting their [size:16pt]collective religious views on our daily lives[/size] using the power of law.
thanx for getting back on topic !! )

this is America we are talking about !! )

RACISTS ARE MORE RELIGIOUS THAN MUSLIMS !! )

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.
sirfun said:
http://www.thelocal.no/20160719/norway-police-rare-shooting-hordaland?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=im&utm_tracker=1722735x84899
would it be alright with y'all if BLM protested the deaths of the San Bernadino shooter ?? )

even though death by Muslim terrorist is less likely than ,,,

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.
casa_mugrienta said:

The thing is, it's easy to tune out Fundamentalist Christians that you find annoying whereas it's damned near impossible to tune out "liberal/progressives" because they've been so successful at foisting their collective religious views on our daily lives using the [size:16pt]power of law[/size].
enforcement

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.
imagine YOUR black ass watching these snuff movies !! )

what would be YOUR reaction ?? )

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Meanwhile in Philadelphia this 67 year old's life doesn't matter.

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2F6abcActionNews%2Fvideos%2F10153827897166378%2F&show_text=0&width=560" width="560" height="315" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.
hey gromsdad !! ) :cheers:

sirfun said:
sirfun said:
would it be alright with y'all if BLM protested the deaths of the San Bernadino shooter ?? )

even though death by Muslim terrorist is less likely than ,,,

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
One cherry picks to confirm one's bias.

It's the same old story.

Look at this forest, no wait it's a tree. Whatever.