"Racism" is nothing but a distraction driven by politicians and the media

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
No, I’m saying if 50 years ago half the population couldn’t open a line of credit, mortgage a house, borrow money on their own then it’s not a stretch to imagine the other ism wasn’t or isn’t equally pervasive.
And now that womens can do all those things just as easily as men then it isn’t a stretch to imagine that systemic racism against non-whites no longer really exists.

Reactions: Ifallalot

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
The argument is that the system made a whole group of people lower on the social ladder.

It doesn't matter if you made changes now.

The train left the station.

It's really hard to get demoralized poor people (I don't care what color) to change.

So it's really hard to fix that problem.

The majority of black people have managed to climb out of poverty due to systemic racism in the past.

Reactions: grapedrink

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
The argument is that the system made a whole group of people lower on the social ladder.

It doesn't matter if you made changes now.

The train left the station.

It's really hard to get demoralized poor people (I don't care what color) to change.

So it's really hard to fix that problem.

The majority of black people have managed to climb out of poverty due to systemic racism in the past.
And my point is that we don’t live in the past.

Reactions: Ifallalot

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
But we live with the effects of the past.

And we can ignore them or try to manage them.

I don't think the Left's tactics for managing them is that good.

Niether is the rights.

It's hard to cut your own throat.
“The majority of black people have managed to climb out of poverty due to systemic racism in the past.”

• Haha
Reactions: plasticbertrand

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
"The image had been used in a 2020 article in Mother Jones accusing the GOP of racism."

So it wasn't malicious, it was pure stupidity and laziness

A google search picture of a GOP elephant was used and later found to have hidden images that do not represent the views or beliefs of the Lawrence County Republican Party," Shannon Terry wrote in a Facebook post apologizing for the use of the image.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
"The image had been used in a 2020 article in Mother Jones accusing the GOP of racism."

So it wasn't malicious, it was pure stupidity and laziness

A google search picture of a GOP elephant was used and later found to have hidden images that do not represent the views or beliefs of the Lawrence County Republican Party," Shannon Terry wrote in a Facebook post apologizing for the use of the image.
It's 95 degrees with 90% humidity.

Slack cut.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
This isn’t making the point you think it is