"Racism" is nothing but a distraction driven by politicians and the media

Lance Mannion

Duke status
Mar 7, 2009
In Gods Country
One of the unappreciated aspects of history was how whitey skillfully exploited the tribal hatreds that existed between the indigenous peoples of North America for centuries before Columbus. Those guys hated each other and so the white man (who looked down their noses at all of them) played tribe against tribe and came out the big winners.
This is the sort of thing that's been going on since we all were black and living the dream in Africa, and is far from new.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
One of the unappreciated aspects of historywas how whitey skillfully exploited the tribal hatreds that existed between the indigenous peoples of North America for centuries before Columbus. Those guys hated each other and so the white man (who looked down their noses at all of them) played tribe against tribe and came out the big winners.
One of the really really unappreciated aspects of history is the fact that 80-90% of the natives died from disease.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Nice conjecture. You win again!
The normalized racism among Arab and Asian cultures is well documented. The Arabs controlled a large amount of the African slave trade. China is currently in the midst of perpetrating the most extensive ethnic cleansing since the Holocaust.

USA didn't become diverse by choice.

Not only that but it's becoming multicultural with a great deal of resistance from only one race.

Guess which.
Whether it was by choice or not is irrelevant. The results are what they are. Enough white people chose to go against the norm and create the society that we today, that is virtually non-existent outside of a handful of Western countries.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Per the article I posted above, how come the rural white folk are unable to overcome obstacles that racism hasn't even put it in their way even one iota?
Because at the end of the day it comes down to class mobility and the zip code and parents you were born into. If you aren't born into an area with opportunities to improve your lot in life then you have to find a way out, which can be challenging from the boondocks just like is from the tough urban neighborhoods. They feel just as stuck, whether they actually are or not.

Reactions: Ifallalot

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Because at the end of the day it comes down to class mobility and the zip code and parents you were born into. If you aren't born into an area with opportunities to improve your lot in life then you have to find a way out, which can be challenging from the boondocks just like is from the tough urban neighborhoods. They feel just as stuck, whether they actually are or not.
Bingo. You'd think the two groups (boondocks/urban) would be able to understand each other better as a result instead of pointing fingers at each other for essentially the same reason. Both have societal barriers in place not to mention a very low community motivation towards education.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Intelligence is a huge factor.

Being stupid sucks

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.
Intelligence is a huge factor.
:)
But I know.

It's hopeless.

Tribalism by Race = racism.
T x r = R

T= any positive number > 1
r= any positive number > 1

T x r = R

R > r

But agree to disagree.
with yourself ?? )

Racism is more specific aspect of race.
Racism is Religious Beliefs !! )

Racism is ( a ) more specific aspect of BELIEFS !! )

Racism is consequential !! )

But every race is racist.

Races did NOT sell their mixed race children into slavery !! )

Racists did sell their mixed race children into slavery !! )

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point

T x r = R

T= any positive number > 1
r= any positive number > 1

T x r = R

R > r

with yourself ?? )

Racism is Religious Beliefs !! )

Racism is ( a ) more specific aspect of BELIEFS !! )

Racism is consequential !! )

Races did NOT sell their mixed race children into slavery !! )

Racists did sell their mixed race children into slavery !! )
Okay.

See if you can define racism without mentioning race. Just for fun and to put me in my place.

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.
Racism is a relatively modern concept, arising in the European age of imperialism, the subsequent growth of capitalism, and especially the Atlantic slave trade,[1][6] of which it was a major driving force.

Racism rests on two basic assumptions: that a correlation exists between physical characteristics and moral qualities; that mankind is divisible into superior and inferior stocks. Racism, thus defined, is a modern conception, for prior to the XVIth century there was virtually nothing in the life and thought of the West that can be described as racist.

Who disagrees with this ?? :) )

Auto ?? )

Grape ?? )

The concept of race is foundational to racism, the belief that humans can be divided based on the superiority of one race over another.

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.
Ron Mahalo mentioned this in the Ashley Bickerton thread !! ( :

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Racism is a relatively modern concept, arising in the European age of imperialism, the subsequent growth of capitalism, and especially the Atlantic slave trade,[1][6] of which it was a major driving force.

Racism rests on two basic assumptions: that a correlation exists between physical characteristics and moral qualities; that mankind is divisible into superior and inferior stocks. Racism, thus defined, is a modern conception, for prior to the XVIth century there was virtually nothing in the life and thought of the West that can be described as racist.

Who disagrees with this ?? :) )

Auto ?? )

Grape ?? )

The concept of race is foundational to racism, the belief that humans can be divided based on the superiority of one race over another.
I never disagreed.

I simply said you can't talk about racism within talking about race.

Racism is a religion based on what?

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.
I never disagreed.

I simply said you can't talk about racism within talking about race.

Racism is a religion based on what?
you said racism was subordinate to race !! :roflmao:

is capitalism subordinate to capital ?? :) )

sub·or·di·nate

adjective

/səˈbôrd(ə)nət/
  1. lower in rank or position.
    "his subordinate officers"

Similar:
    lower-ranking

junior

lower

lesser

inferior

lowly

minor

supporting

second-fiddle

Opposite:
    superior

senior

noun

/səˈbôrd(ə)nət/
  1. a person under the authority or control of another within an organization.
    "he was mild-mannered, especially with his subordinates"

Similar:
    junior

assistant

second

second in command

number two

verb

/səˈbôrdənāt/
  1. treat or regard as of lesser importance than something else.
    "practical considerations were subordinated to political expediency"

you will now take your Fminus and you will like it !! :)

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I think the word subordinate is screwing you up. I think you think I am minimizing by saying it's a subordinate. But that is not what I'm doing.

Subordinate in this context just means subset of something.

Racism is a subset of race.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
My class came up with something like this (with a lot of help from me):
Racism is hostile or demeaning thoughts, words, and/or actions of one person or group of people directed towards another person or group of people with different physical characteristics such as skin color, stemming from the conscious or subconscious belief that the other group's physical characteristics makes them in some way inferior or subordinate to the first group.