R.I.P. Surfer Magazine

SlicedFeet

Miki Dora status
Dec 17, 2004
Swarm Diego
Just when I decided to delete my Instagram accounts and go back to living...

Going to put on a record...this digital sh!t sucks. Compression killed sound and thought.

:eek:

Is the erBB next?

If so, gotta through around my favorite emoji fromnthe beginning.:socrazy::trout::monkey::crazy2:

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I had a lot of people on 'ignore' but I'm going to miss y'all. See y'all on bodybuilding.com/misc or in the sherdog forums.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
In fairness to Todd and crew, yesterday’s endorsement was more a public crystallization of their long-standing brand values than it was a groundbreaking political statement. Anybody who’s read Surfer’s site/mag for the past five years knew exactly what they stood for, and it certainly wasn’t Trump.
"Brand values" are an oxymoron. The best thing any brand can hope to do is stay out of politics and moralization. As a brand or business, you alienate half your customers when you virtue-signal your brand values and the other half of your customers do not double what they spend on your brand.

Tl; dr: Get woke, go broke.

Reactions: PJ

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
"Brand values" are an oxymoron. The best thing any brand can hope to do is stay out of politics and moralization. As a brand or business, you alienate half your customers when you virtue-signal your brand values and the other half of your customers do not double what they spend on your brand.

Tl; dr: Get woke, go broke.
Well said.

surf cat

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jan 14, 2002
In the new issue of SURFER they mentioned "A few things we got horribly wrong" in the June 2004 issue.
It was about the time I made the cover! "If you stick this cover under a microscope, you might just find Dale Webster on there somewhere.

If you ever get a chance to see the cover of the new issue ~ It was said
Every time I go surfing~ someone new starts Surfing. ( don't bother counting...I tried.)

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
It was social distancing in the name of black lives, the same black lives that are most at risk from the pandemic. Makes sense, right?
Was it some sort of BLM paddle-out? haha. I can't keep the Narrative straight these days.

More proof that woke = broke.
Welp, there's definitely an argument that they could've spent more time figuring out what customers wanted rather than on politics.

Reactions: GromsDad

Havoc

Phil Edwards status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
Was it some sort of BLM paddle-out? haha. I can't keep the Narrative straight these days.

Welp, there's definitely an argument that they could've spent more time figuring out what customers wanted rather than on politics.
look at Disney with their woke agenda in Star Wars, they lost millions catering to a handful of whiners. Just make a good movie and toss the agenda