Quiver Shots - Post 'em up!

BentoBox70

OTF status
Dec 9, 2016
South Bay CA
How do you like that min-simmons?
I like it. I've owned this model in various sizes and constructions. It's fast and skatey. The epoxy is great in most small wave situations. The PU is good in the small stuff too, but the epoxy is better in the really small stuff. The PU does well in the bigger, punchier, and steeper waves (beach break). I would definitely get a PU version of the board.

Reactions: johnson7

ciscojaws

Michael Peterson status
Jul 28, 2008
Kook City, VA
I'll let you know this Summer. Both will be in heavy rotation.

I got the Bean Bag used. It is custom with heavy heavy glass job. Gonna be interesting to see what kind of wave it will do well in.
Yeah man that's not gonna work for me as I'm looking to pick one or the other up for the summer so if you could just drop what your doing and go ride both of them that'd be great, mmmmmkay thanks!

BentoBox70

OTF status
Dec 9, 2016
South Bay CA
Yeah man that's not gonna work for me as I'm looking to pick one or the other up for the summer so if you could just drop what your doing and go ride both of them that'd be great, mmmmmkay thanks!
The Vernor is fast and skatey. The rocker is minimal, with a little flip in the nose. The contours are belly, with rolled rails, for the first half of board. Then it transitions to Vee out the back half. The tail is very wide and cut straight. You'll go fast. You'll make wider turns, but I'm not great at doing cutbacks with it. I ride it with a controller quad. I've owned the Vernor in PU and Epoxy. The Epoxy is great for the small flatter faced stuff. The PU was great in the small stuff, but also did pretty well in the bigger stuff.

The Bean Bag, I've owned it in regular glass PU, heavy glass PU, and Carbon / Epoxy (Black Dart). I haven't surfed the heavy glass PU, yet. The rocker is flat. The contours are flat (maybe rolled Vee) in the front half. Then Vee going out the back half. It's fat and round. The tail is also very wide, but it's rounded. So feels like a little more traction in the back. I surfed it with a standard quad, but haven't surfed it with quad controllers. It surfs like a fat, round, shortboard in small surf. The epoxy / carbon is very floaty, I would only surf it small flat faced gutless surf. The regular glass PU sits in the water much more, and can be ridden in steeper and bigger surf.

Hope this helps

• Love
Reactions: ciscojaws