Quiver Shots - Post 'em up!

lofatkilla

Legend (inyourownmind)
Apr 13, 2004
VENTURA, CA
I used to have a Hess probably about 12 years ago. Loved the board. Heavy as fark to quote Oceanslide.
Went over the falls on a big NY hurricane swell and the rail got me in the head. Split it open pretty bad.
Miss that board though!

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Partial quiver shot (I just pulled the boards I am selecting from for my upcoming trip to the Maldives - I have many more). Forecast looks kind of meh. So I might add my Lovelace sidecut keel to the mix.

Left to right:
-6'1" Lovelace "Pinnyback" - bought used and ridden 2x. Outline seems a bit similar to a hypto krypto. Could be fun.
-6'2" Fineline "hulled quad"
-5'10" Surf Prescriptions "wonder twin"
-6'4" Surf Prescriptions "tur twin pin" - My daily driver and go-to for big and small waves
-6'2" Allan Gibbons "travel twin" (not a real model, just his name for this custom). I had this board shaped for my trip. Similar outline to a CI Twin Pin. Initial ride impressions suggest this may be my go to for the trip,.
-6'5" Campbell Bros. "Russ Short" - Need I say more?? (Don't think the forecast merits bringing this one...)

If say "Simon Anderson ain't sh!t" without saying "Simon Anderson ain't sh!t" were a quiver

btesser

OTF status
Jul 18, 2005
LA
Visit site
How does the hulled quad go?
Rides like a good "shortboard." As Brian Hilbers emphasized to me, its a "hulled quad NOT a "quad hull." Its just a "regular shortboard" with some hull elements: it's pretty foiled out (especially in the nose), and has a bit of very subtle belly in the front half of the board, and then a deep double concave in the tail. The belly gives you just a hint of the ball bearing effect you get from a hull. But it is really, really subtle. It goes great in good surf and is very stable. If you know Brian, he likes shaping variations on hulls, like his MP3 model, that are much more user friendly than a true hull. I bought this board when I was transitioning away from riding an MP3 as my daily driver for a year or so.

lofatkilla

Legend (inyourownmind)
Apr 13, 2004
VENTURA, CA
Not a quiver shot, but had a recent addition to the quiver. Story: I used to have a Zippifish about 10 years ago. Sold it because it was too big or some other dumb reason. My buddy bought it from me and he moved to the mountains and disappeared. I got a call last week. He drove from Washington State to see me in Ventura. He gets here and pops the trunk. And behold...my old Zippi 10 years later and not surfed since I owned it. He gifted it back to me and I just got out of the water with a smile ear to ear. Board felt so good!!! Super fun little board.
5'9...don't know other dims. 21 plus wide 2 5/8 thick?

Attachments

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
Not a quiver shot, but had a recent addition to the quiver. Story: I used to have a Zippifish about 10 years ago. Sold it because it was too big or some other dumb reason. My buddy bought it from me and he moved to the mountains and disappeared. I got a call last week. He drove from Washington State to see me in Ventura. He gets here and pops the trunk. And behold...my old Zippi 10 years later and not surfed since I owned it. He gifted it back to me and I just got out of the water with a smile ear to ear. Board felt so good!!! Super fun little board.
5'9...don't know other dims. 21 plus wide 2 5/8 thick?
Looks like new! Zippifishes are soooo fun. Hard to find these days too

lofatkilla

Legend (inyourownmind)
Apr 13, 2004
VENTURA, CA
Looks like new! Zippifishes are soooo fun. Hard to find these days too
Couldn't believe in how good of shape it was in. 2 small dings I easily fixed and a pressure dent on the bottom but overall amazing condition. Haven't surfed a fish with keels that big in a while so was worried it would be too much fin for my taste. Not at all. Was shocked how easy it was to turn. Looking forward to surfing it all week in this swell we are having.

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
Rides like a good "shortboard." As Brian Hilbers emphasized to me, its a "hulled quad NOT a "quad hull." Its just a "regular shortboard" with some hull elements: it's pretty foiled out (especially in the nose), and has a bit of very subtle belly in the front half of the board, and then a deep double concave in the tail. The belly gives you just a hint of the ball bearing effect you get from a hull. But it is really, really subtle. It goes great in good surf and is very stable. If you know Brian, he likes shaping variations on hulls, like his MP3 model, that are much more user friendly than a true hull. I bought this board when I was transitioning away from riding an MP3 as my daily driver for a year or so.
I rode a friends but as a twin. Really fast and fun but the worst paddler ever.

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
Shittiest quiver picture ever, but was super stoked to clean-up/redo the garage today after a silly session at knee high Mondo's with the wifey.

Seen here...

1. Bikes (electric, then wife's Pivot mountain bike and Specialized road bike, then my mountain and road - specialized for both).
2. Paddleboards: Back bag has the BARK racing stock board (12'0") & front bag has the Kracka Skorpion stock board (12'0").
3. Armstrong foil gear.
4. 4 extra board bags hanging up.
5. Boards from back to front:

a. Wavestorm for gnar shredding & getting pitted, so pitted, when necessary
b. 5'2" Naish foil
c. Tomo Psyko 5'7" (in bag)
d. Tomo GMM2 5'7"
e. Tomo Hydroshort round tail 5'9"
f. CI Mod Pod 5'8"
g. Tomo Hydronaut 6'1"
h. Hess 6'7" quad step up semi-gun (in bag)
i. Wifey's Machado custom 7'0" Seaside & Beyond (in bag)
j. Wifey's Machado stock 7'4" Seaside & Beyond (in bag)
k. Hess/Pavel 7'2" bonzer California gun (in bag)
l. Hess 8'10" big gun
m. Wifey's 9'0" Wayne Rich longboard (in bag)
n. My 9'4" Wayne Rich longboard (in bag)
o. BARK 10'2" Mavs gun
p. Dave Johnson 9'0" T's gun

IMG_6959.jpg

Also seen: Two sets of saw horses/board holders, Catalina tiles, floating tool bench.

Oceanslide

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2008
Oceanside, CA
Shittiest quiver picture ever, but was super stoked to clean-up/redo the garage today after a silly session at knee high Mondo's with the wifey.

Seen here...

1. Bikes (electric, then wife's Pivot mountain bike and Specialized road bike, then my mountain and road - specialized for both).
2. Paddleboards: Back bag has the BARK racing stock board (12'0") & front bag has the Kracka Skorpion stock board (12'0").
3. Armstrong foil gear.

b. 5'2" Naish foil
d. Tomo GMM2 5'7"
f. CI Mod Pod 5'8"
g. Tomo Hydronaut 6'1"
l. Hess 8'10" big gun
o. BARK 10'2" Mavs gun

View attachment 138542

Also seen: Two sets of saw horses/board holders, Catalina tiles, floating tool bench.
Major organizational envy over here.

ocean7847

Miki Dora status
Jun 23, 2004
the Injured Reserve

Seen here...

3. Armstrong foil gear.

b. 5'2" Naish foil
d. Tomo GMM2 5'7"
f. CI Mod Pod 5'8"
g. Tomo Hydronaut 6'1"
l. Hess 8'10" big gun
o. BARK 10'2" Mavs gun

View attachment 138542

Finally someone gets the thread :)

• Love
Reactions: sdsrfr, jkb and sh3

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego

Seen here...

3. Armstrong foil gear.

b. 5'2" Naish foil
d. Tomo GMM2 5'7"
f. CI Mod Pod 5'8"
g. Tomo Hydronaut 6'1"
l. Hess 8'10" big gun
o. BARK 10'2" Mavs gun

View attachment 138542

for how organized and legit your garage is im surprised you don’t have epoxy floors. does look like you have a polisher, however.

would bang

:cheers: