Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
cool. How much for the finished rack?
Well I kept it simple for my racks and was under $50:
1x4x12'
1/2"x12' pvc
Bungee balls x ?
Gorilla glue como clear
Forget my spacing but think it was around 15" I drilled holes about 1/2" deep I think with 7/16 bit and used 24" length pvc and glued them in after you hang the 1x4x12 on the wall roughly 4'6" high depending on floor and boards etc.

trifish

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
4x rack for $220 I could buy a 4'x8' pine sheet and make a better design fit a least 8 boards I bet stronger :shrug:
Could definitely build something for a lot less. I've done cheap racks when storing a lot of boards similar to sdsrfr's link. They are effective and do the job just fine. Just tools, material costs, and the amount of time you want to spend. These guys use 3/4 birch hardwood and are built well. Good materials, rounded corners, well designed for assembly/disassembly and they look good. No complaints really.

trifish

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
Yo, whaddup with tha Xanadu, duu? Lets get some deets.
She's a wide one. Fairly thin also but foam carries out to pretty chunky rails. 5'6" x 21.32 x 2.4 . 33.5L. EPS and board takes off in small/weak conditions. Probably my lightest board also. Most wouldn't consider fish boards grovelers, but this one excels in smaller conditions than others I've had. Its based on his Wave Rocket model. Its a fun skatey fish for blasting down the line fast. Less performance than my 6'2" moonstone and doesn't hold nearly as well but its nice drawing lines on it. Not great backside really. I surf it a lot in the summers and as long as the conditions are pretty clean it will work well from knee high to a little overhead. It probably catches small waves easier than the rest of those boards next to it.