Quiver Shots - Post 'em up!

SirKooksALot

OTF status
Apr 1, 2020
I went up to Varial to pick up my latest Aipa, a full carbon resin tinted 6’6 Wrecking Ball. Been working with Duke to build a gentlemen’s quiver of midlengths. 4 boards in 3 different constructions. The 3 waxed ones go real good, so I’m expecting the Varial to be the same. These’ll get me back into things once my knee allows me to surf again, which should be around mid Jan
8’6 poly/pu Big Boy Sting
6’10 Dark Arts Wrecking Ball
6’6 Varial carbon Wrecking Ball
6’4 Dark Arts Sting
View attachment 118325
That 6'10" :jamon:....not my proudest fap, but I'm not ashamed either

KyleTalbott

Nep status
Jul 6, 2008
D9990E83-9D08-4D0A-A345-0041C0498A3E.jpeg

Mildly focused. All Mandala ‘cept the Simmons

5'4 ML TKC (pupu)
5’6.5 Biax SC
5'8 ML SS
5'8 Homemade Simmons
5'9 Cali Stubbie
6’4 Oracle
6’9 ML ASQ
6’9 TPH
7’2 Avocet
8’6 Clandestino

Would like to add a arc-tail hull in the 6-6’2 range if anyone is holding.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
View attachment 118590

Mildly focused. All Mandala ‘cept the Simmons

5'4 ML TKC (pupu)
5’6.5 Biax SC
5'8 ML SS
5'8 Homemade Simmons
5'9 Cali Stubbie
6’4 Oracle
6’9 ML ASQ
6’9 TPH
7’2 Avocet
8’6 Clandestino

Would like to add a arc-tail hull in the 6-6’2 range if anyone is holding.
Are you related to Manny? LOL.
Some fun ones in there. how do you like the longer ASQ? what conditions do you surf it in?

• Haha
Reactions: MathDebater

MrSteve

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 1, 2015
NJ
Ok….Is this better?!?!
I just picked up 3 more custom Black Darts today. I love Chill’s rockers and rails and Drew continues to put out a GREAT product. The 2 in the middle are “Project Blacks“, new models that don't officially have names yet.
Hope you approve!!:):)
View attachment 118419
So what are the mods you and Paul worked out for the mid-strength? @waxurDyl

KyleTalbott

Nep status
Jul 6, 2008
Are you related to Manny? LOL.
Some fun ones in there. how do you like the longer ASQ? what conditions do you surf it in?
I like it. I surf it when I’m lazy, tired, when the waves are slopey and when the off shores aren’t too strong. Quite frankly I would like to have it as poly as well, but come on... that would be overkill, right?

PS. Not related to Manny but used to have a serious EC Mandala plug who got me hooked. Then I started, slowly, patiently ordering them from Manny. OK, sometimes 2 at a time. 5 of them are customs. The long ASQ incl.

• Haha
Reactions: MathDebater

KyleTalbott

Nep status
Jul 6, 2008
I like it. I surf it when I’m lazy, tired, when the waves are slopey and when the off shores aren’t too strong. Quite frankly I would like to have it as poly as well, but come on... that would be overkill, right?

PS. Not related to Manny but used to have a serious EC Mandala plug who got me hooked. Then I started, slowly, patiently ordering them from Manny. OK, sometimes 2 at a time. 5 of them are customs. The long ASQ incl.
The long ASQ is my “lifer board“ in case I move to SD.

OK, the whole quiver is...

• Haha
Reactions: Havoc and oeste858

KyleTalbott

Nep status
Jul 6, 2008
How does the 5'4 go? Is that a twin set-up?
Yes a twin. It goes really well. Because it’s short, thick and wide (22.5 or 23) it’s an easy rider and it’s not just a lateral surfer. IIRC it’s double concave between and slightly in front of the fins which makes for a great ball bearing feeling.

for a board so wide it really is a “think and it does” board.

Reactions: RattimusBeach

ocean7847

Miki Dora status
Jun 23, 2004
the Injured Reserve
Been a few years since I laid them all out, so here’s the 2021 quiver …

3C9286D6-9AC5-4C9F-8D1A-8A69EF165062.jpeg353EF442-C27D-45E8-A3DD-A68837B151E9.jpeg

In order moving from left to right:
6’0 T. Ross Banshee (my daily driver for waves with some pop from waist high to solid overhead)
6’0 M10 Hogfish (groveler for handling shin to overhead soft waves)
6’0 Birges classic twin (can grovel through the mush as well as handle some bigger waves - very versatile, as the twins can be)
6’3” Energy (Used exclusively for a hollow wave that breaks over dry reef where it’s either you or the board when something goes wrong, and I always save myself - it has the dings to prove it)
6’3” T. Ross Banshee (slightly larger model of the daily driver, used as a step up for head high to double overhead)
6’6” M10 Magic Carpet (excels in head high to a double overhead points)
6’7” Campbell Bros Bonzer (originally made for GWS, then it ended up with stinkeye [remember him?], and then I inherited it. I’m guessing it would work great in 8 to 10 foot barreling beachbreak, but I haven’t ever had the opportunity to put it in the proper environment)
7’0 Ward Coffey (step-step up/mini gun, made for double to triple overhead plus, I’ve got one particular place in mind and I’m very excited to have a few more sessions on it, as it already worked amazing on its maiden voyage)

And, before anyone says anything, I did go and fix all of my leash strings!