Quiver Shots - Post 'em up!

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
Yeah Los Osos. I got it from him back in 2005, maybe 2006. It was custom made for me.

I knew a guy in Santa Cruz who knew him from Swaylocks, which I was on at the time. I wanted glue-ups but that blank did not come with glue-ups, John did those by hand. He took a circular saw and cut it by walking the length of the board on both sides, mixed up blue resin, glued em back together, then did the shaping and glassing. The rails are very soft until the very rear, and there's some belly up front. It gets through chop like no one's biz. It's a strange board, and very fun. Lots of tail rocker too. I met him at Sand Dollar to pick it up.
john like lilibel is a super nice guy and great board maker
he made and rode a hydrofoil paipo before anyone was standup foiling
I think he's retired but he used to work at pelican bay
part of the original sways crew which I think he was a moderator

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
john like lilibel is a super nice guy and great board maker
he made and rode a hydrofoil paipo before anyone was standup foiling
I think he's retired but he used to work at pelican bay
part of the original sways crew which I think he was a moderator
When I got the board I think he was working in a nursing home or retirement home or facility, something to do with caring for people.

And the board is sooo heavy. Serious glass job. It's been up against the rocks at Steamer Lane when I lost it on a "big" day (for me). I fixed it up and it's gonna last forever.

Reactions: rowjimmytour

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
current quiver:
5’9 Robert’s custom based off dump truck
5’4 Christenson fish
5’3 Mccallum
5’6 forest minchinton twin
6’3 Wayne Lynch step up with lock box
6’1 (I think) Maurice cole reverse V
6’1 Robert’s g step up

Everything in the 28L range except the Cole which is my lazy winter board when waves are good.

C7EE3D6F-23BC-404C-ABF2-A8FA96BFAEAB.jpegBC2ADB77-B294-46DC-9A94-7624C606BA5A.jpeg

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
always wanted one of those mccallum egg quads
It was a pretty awesome score at the SF mollusk second hand shop. Apparently he buys up all his used boards to control the market.

It’s actually a three fin (I mostly hate quads). funky beveled rails. Love that board, got me back into non shortboards Again four or five years ago.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
It was a pretty awesome score at the SF mollusk second hand shop. Apparently he buys up all his used boards to control the market.

It’s actually a three fin (I mostly hate quads). funky beveled rails. Love that board, got me back into non shortboards Again four or five years ago.
nice quiver. I see some of those McCallums around at the hipster shops, and I can't believe what they sell for ($900-1,000 IIRC). Some of them look more like wall-hangers than functional shapes. I haven't noticed them in the water and I don't think I know anyone who's ridden one. There must be a market for them- unless he really is controlling the used boards. LOL
@racer1 how did you know of them? are his quads more well-known than I think?

How do you like the MC reverse vee? always wanted one since Curren

Reactions: Aardwolf

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
nice quiver. I see some of those McCallums around at the hipster shops, and I can't believe what they sell for ($900-1,000 IIRC). Some of them look more like wall-hangers than functional shapes. I haven't noticed them in the water and I don't think I know anyone who's ridden one. There must be a market for them- unless he really is controlling the used boards. LOL

I’ve heard the same story from A guy that sells his boards (new and used) so I assume there’s some truth to it.

Reactions: oeste858

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii

He's popular. He was Vissla's marketing campaign when they first launched, but I've seen his boards long before that.

Feb 9, 2019
[/QUOTE]

Same.
MC is very hard to get a hold of to shape something.
Someone has one ordered thru XTR at the moment.