oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
excuses, excuses

Round pin for the win
Here's some rounds + roundpins:
IMG_5625.jpeg

So, we almost had a falling dominoes disaster when I went to start turning them around for the belly shot. Too windy to risk it. All CL finds except R. & album.
1) 5'6 CC Quad egg PU (this lil disc is such a blast I plan to have Mitsven make an update)
2) 5'11 Rusty Smoothie PU (R. warehouse sale)
3) 5'11 Lovelace Burner twin PU
4) 6'1 Album Twinsman RP PU (YOLO)
5) 6'3 Pyzel Ghost PU
6) 6'6 Rusty Blackbird PU (haven't even gotten to surf this yet #notmypad)
7) 6'8 Rusty Blackbird PU

Last edited:

trifish

Gerry Lopez status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
excuses, excuses

Here's some rounds + roundpins:
View attachment 107906

So, we almost had a falling dominoes disaster when I went to start turning them around for the belly shot. Too windy to risk it. All CL finds except R. & album.
1) 5'6 CC Quad egg PU (this lil disc is such a blast I plan to have Mitsven make an update)
2) 5'11 Rusty Smoothie PU (R. warehouse sale)
3) 5'11 Lovelace Burner twin PU
4) 6'1 Album Twinsman RP PU (YOLO)
5) 6'3 Pyzel Ghost PU
6) 6'6 Rusty Blackbird PU (haven't even gotten to surf this yet #notmypad)
7) 6'8 Rusty Blackbird PU
Hows that roundtail Lovelace feel? Noticeable looser than the rounded pins?

Reactions: oeste858

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Hows that roundtail Lovelace feel? Noticeable looser than the rounded pins?
Oh yeah. Apparently meant for keels. Upright twins pretty wild so I try to get away with tweener piggback keels- still loose enough in a fun way but more manageable. You’re welcome to try it

Reactions: trifish

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
that fuggin YOLO Twinsman looks sick.

Jimmy lol you bastard. you guys will never live down the post session waterfall rinse.

ponchos are sick and all but lately I've been rocking this stupidly big down parka that's long enough to hide my shame when changing and is much warmer than even my thickest poncho. it also really completes the homeless surfer look i'm cultivating.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
lately I've been rocking this stupidly big down parka that's long enough
I saw a changing parka in one of my IG ads. they do exist!

edit:

Last edited:

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Boards in Bags

Boards in Garage

More boards in my place in Baja, more in Maui and some beaters on the side of the house

way too many to lay out or I just dont want to
Thanks for playing. LOL.
That's how mine are too. All in bags/covers in garage and shed in 2 locations. To avoid detection of underreported boards by the wife, I had to move boards under the cover of night, utilize my skills in subterfuge & misdirection, and mastery of disguise.
But I actually enjoyed pulling them out and really seeing what I have. Some hidden gems I need to ride more. Some that I realize I honestly won't ride now there's better options, so will sell a handful.

Last edited:

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
What is YOLO? Some reference to Varial?
You Only Live Once.
It's a reference to reddit where users YOLO their life savings into options before an earnings call.
But here we use it as spending a stupid (in context of surfboards) amount of money on one premium board (custom tomo, dark arts, stretch, varial, album with swirlies, lovelace planks, etc).