Quiver Shots - Post 'em up!

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
What's your favorite Tomo from that bunch?
I've been throwing around the idea of ordering a Nano 2.0. Are you still liking yours? Tomo's Instagram says he adjusted the rocker. :unsure: :unsure:

Cant pick 1 but these 3 are my fave. Bit of overlap, but a nice lil tomo mini quiver:
GMM2: used to consider it a groveler version of Evo but has surprised me with it's range / upper end
Evo: is an great all-arounder for me
SP2: a blast in punchy surf 3-6'
You need a Hydroshort in that quiver. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: JTiago and oeste858

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
That's my biggest issue. Need a climate-controlled board barn like Aruka on his 40 acre ranch.

Best I could do this afternoon. Here's many of the smaller boards...
View attachment 107798
View attachment 107799

Not a bad one in the bunch and could ride any of em on a typical day here:
1) 5'5" Tomo EVO XTR SL-C
2) 5'6" Mandala SuperChunk EPS/Biax by DarkArts (via @MrSteve )
3) 5'6" Mitsven TKF PU
4) 5'6" Hydrodynamica GMM2 XTR (via @Havoc )
5) 5'8" Mitsven DH TKF PU (via @silentbutdeadly )
6) 5'9" Tomo X-wing EPS/Epoxy
7) 5'9" Tomo SP2 XTR (via @Havoc )
8) 5'9" Mitsven NextGen (double-winged) Quad fish PU
9) 5'10" Mitsven MiniSim Quad PU
epic gravel quiver.

can't wait to see what you get fill that gap between your 5'6"s and the 5'8".

ChaseTMP

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
I’m envious of being able to have a legitimate quiver. Years ago I realized that owning an oceanfront single family home in LA was out of my reach, so a condo was the next best thing, but with that comes limited square footage and HOA rules (no boards on balconies, even if in a covered area).

My complex is 66 units and the one I bought 17 years ago is the only one that had a walk-in storage closet. All the other units have two ceiling mounted 3’ x 4’ storage lockers. I have one of those in addition to my 9’ tall walk-in, but am grateful for the walk-in. I can store about six boards (four need to be without fins) as our daughter’s wavestorm eats up a lot of space how the storage unit is configured.

I’ve never been good at bouncing between boards. Outside of a step-up for the rare big days out front (or a 10 minute bike ride/short drive to the hill) I’m usually on some sort of step-down or dd-ish HPSB. I’ve learned to accept the fact I need to keep my board options limited for the space available and that I have to work within my confines.

My wife keeps her foot down that no boards are allowed inside. The fact that our loft that’s been taken over by my dozen+ guitars/cases and the loft’s closet shelves are dominated by my 80+ guitar effects pedals, has set a bad precedent for any board to ever have a chance of making a home inside our unit.

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
HOA rules (no boards on balconies, even if in a covered area).
WTF kinda retarded bvllshite is that?

I can store about six boards
I mean let's be real. For SoCal six is plenty. Can you keep two on the roof of your car?

Six is enough for just about anywhere, if we're honest about it.

ChaseTMP

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
WTF kinda retarded bvllshite is that?

I mean let's be real. For SoCal six is plenty. Can you keep two on the roof of your car?

Six is enough for just about anywhere, if we're honest about it.
I know, right! It’s all about continuity, no AC vents in windows, no towels, planter boxes on railings and definitely no recreation/sport equipment on balconies.

I can live with a four board rotation. My daughter gets the extra two spots available, Keeping boards in/on the car unfortunately isn’t an option.