Quiver Shots - Post 'em up!

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
That OB1 looks so good. Is that the normal nose on an OB1? Looks more sleek than the usual rounded nose.
It might look more sleek because of the paint. I think its the normal torpedo style nose. Its probably one of my favorite boards. You step on the tail and it goes. No complaints on it.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Yellow boards used to bother me, but not anymore. When I see a good surfer ripping on a yellow board, I think about how it must be a magic board if its yellow and the guy is still riding it and still ripping on it. I guess its like a nod to being a little "long in the tooth" as well. Yellow just means its aged and I'm slowly coming to terms with the the fact that I am aging too. Deep down inside I am a yellow board :ROFLMAO::cry::cool::shaka:

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Butter yellow acid resin swirl

Was waiting for it from either you or havoc.
I have an LFT 5’9 Omni that I hang onto as my beachbreak barrel board... but I never surf BB barrels so it’s barely ridden. Always kept in a bag in a garage. Was shocked to see how yellow it is. Always thought it was the uv light from sun exposure, but apparently it’s heat?
I think its time over any thing including heat because after around 6 years or so my stretch CFT boards start to yellow. No botches or patters like sdsfr juzt solid.

Reactions: oeste858

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
Yellow boards used to bother me, but not anymore. When I see a good surfer ripping on a yellow board, I think about how it must be a magic board if its yellow and the guy is still riding it and still ripping on it. I guess its like a nod to being a little "long in the tooth" as well. Yellow just means its aged and I'm slowly coming to terms with the the fact that I am aging too. Deep down inside I am a yellow board :ROFLMAO::cry::cool::shaka:
Aren’t we all!

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
I’m a mailman and have LOTS of time to myself on my route. So I’m constantly thinking about the surf and surfboards and what I want to order. I’m a collector...It was sports cards as a kid, Nikes as a young adult and now it’s surfboards.

There is no reason you need to respond, but Methinks there is something unsaid that impacts discretionary income. Just sayin.

Good for you.

The retail on that Burch glider alone probably eclipses the last 10 years of board buying (not to mention my monthly rent) for me.

Reactions: ReForest

bluengreen

Michael Peterson status
Oct 22, 2018
SF x Encinitas
Feels like Working man's SD trans OBSF quiver.

Am I way off?
Yup, though I actually ordered my first Rustys from Wise. Never had one growing up in Encinitas.

Racer1 - Plasmic is 21 wide and 2.65 thick. It's very beefy. Got some grovel sessions on it this week, and it flew in some week onshore windswell.

Last edited:

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Oeste sort of convinced me to post up. Here is my working quiver at the moment, but it's changing, hence the new GX in the last photo.
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

10'0" Mitsven glider
9'8" Oakfoils One Trick Pony
7'4" G&S Magic Machine shaped by Hoy Runnels
6'10" Rusty Blackbird
6'0" Hess Quad
6'2" Mitsven B Tail Bonzer
6'2" Stamps Scarecrow
5'9" Stamps Fuse
5'7" Album Sub
6'1" Stamps GX

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Oeste sort of convinced me to post up. Here is my working quiver at the moment, but it's changing, hence the new GX in the last photo.

10'0" Mitsven glider
9'8" Oakfoils One Trick Pony
7'4" G&S Magic Machine shaped by Hoy Runnels
6'10" Rusty Blackbird
6'0" Hess Quad
6'2" Mitsven B Tail Bonzer
6'2" Stamps Scarecrow
5'9" Stamps Fuse
5'7" Album Sub
6'1" Stamps GX
Solid.
Are the first 3 big boards all single fins?
How often does the Hess quad get ridden? what's ideal waves for it?
That hurricane on the bottom of the Fuse really got me! I feel like that could be my realistic daily driver most of the year

Reactions: MathDebater

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
hess barely gets ridden. ideal in windy waves due to it's weight. great reliable easy to ride board, just a bit dated.

fuse gets ridden a lot and gets me through a majority of the thigh to chest high waves here just fine.

as always you're welcome to borrow any of them

edit. I took the pic of the first three and decided later that I should have posted the business side of them too.

Mitsven is singe with sidebites, oak is glassed in pivot fin, and g&S has the original single fin