Quiver Shots - Post 'em up!

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
How do you like the SMTH 88? I have one on order for my son.
I like it. I rode it a lot last winter. Not sure what I'd compared it to. Feels kinda like a round pin shortboard more than a full on step up at least in the dims I ordered. Plenty of rocker so it goes best in steep, overhead waves but isn't a super stiff ride and will still be fun on a chest high face if you work it a bit. Favors a back footed approach but carries some thickness forward so it still paddles into waves pretty well. I actually rate all the SMTH boards I've tried pretty highly.

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
Von Sol Flying Manta
CI OG Flyer
CI Pod Mod
CI Neck Beard 2 (6'0")
CI Neck Beard 2 (6'2")
JS Nitro
Hobie Frankenrieter Single Fin
EC Pintail Single Fin
HS Cannon
CI MSF 7'0" Blue
CI MSF 7'0" Fire
ISLE Longboard
Air guy eh?
Nice quiv :)

Reactions: MathDebater

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
I like it. I rode it a lot last winter. Not sure what I'd compared it to. Feels kinda like a round pin shortboard more than a full on step up at least in the dims I ordered. Plenty of rocker so it goes best in steep, overhead waves but isn't a super stiff ride and will still be fun on a chest high face if you work it a bit. Favors a back footed approach but carries some thickness forward so it still paddles into waves pretty well. I actually rate all the SMTH boards I've tried pretty highly.
Good to hear as we will be building a quiver of them. Also have a Drive Thru on the way to get the quiver started. Here its either grovelling or barrel hunting with not much in between so these two models seemed like good ones to start with.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Good to hear as we will be building a quiver of them. Also have a Drive Thru on the way to get the quiver started. Here its either grovelling or barrel hunting with not much in between so these two models seemed like good ones to start with.
Drive Thru is a good one as well. Pretty wide range. Fun in small pockety beachies up to overhead mush. I prefer a more balanced or upright fin template in it due to the fairly low tail rocker. Large sides with smaller center fin.

Reactions: GromsDad

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
  • Haha
Reactions: Aruka

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
I can't believe nobody called him out on the fact that he didn't show the good side. What a tease! No fins?

I'd like to see Grendel's and dudebro's quivers just for the unique shapers. Legend has it that dudebro has a storage unit for all his boards.

Oceanslide

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2008
Oceanside, CA
aruka just broke the thread
Holy shite, yes. However, there are others (dudebro) who can crush that absurd count. Lol
Me currently:
5’8” VS Manta
5’10” (I think) Mandala Superchunk
5’10“ DK keel
6’2” VS Shadow
6’4” VS Time Machine
7’2” Mandala Delta V twin
7’6” VS HPTC twinzer
9’3” VS HPTC
9’6” Michael Surfboards Annihilator

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
How far north? That gx you sold me a while back was magic (went in everything!) and made me realize i suck at ordering customs
Nice dude! Stocked. I was wondering if any of those worked for ya. I will be going to Portland in probably a couple weeks but was also scheming on going further up to possibly Tofino if I can swing it.

Reactions: jkb and JDJ