Quiver Shots - Post 'em up!

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
Thanks for playing. LOL.
That's how mine are too. All in bags/covers in garage and shed in 2 locations. To avoid detection of underreported boards by the wife, I had to move boards under the cover of night, utilize my skills in subterfuge & misdirection, and mastery of disguise.
But I actually enjoyed pulling them out and really seeing what I have. Some hidden gems I need to ride more. Some that I realize I honestly won't ride now there's better options, so will sell a handful.
Sorry didnt get them all out but would be a super mission to do so. When I was married all my boards were the same color to avoid bitching from the wife.

Some I seem to never ride and then like you Im like whoa I miss that board.

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
You Only Live Once.
It's a reference to reddit where users YOLO their life savings into options before an earnings call.
But here we use it as spending a stupid (in context of surfboards) amount of money on one premium board (custom tomo, dark arts, stretch, varial, album with swirlies, lovelace planks, etc).
I get the acronym, of course, I wasn't quite clear what it referred to in these threads. Thanks for clearing it up, I think. So it's what, over $1100?

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I get the acronym, of course, I wasn't quite clear what it referred to in these threads. Thanks for clearing it up, I think. So it's what, over $1100?
I don’t know if a firm $ over/under has been established, but certainly beyond what’s fiscally reasonable for a new surfboard. For me, it’s more like 900, which I considered ridiculous before my Album impulse buy

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
that fuggin YOLO Twinsman looks sick.

Jimmy lol you bastard. you guys will never live down the post session waterfall rinse.

ponchos are sick and all but lately I've been rocking this stupidly big down parka that's long enough to hide my shame when changing and is much warmer than even my thickest poncho. it also really completes the homeless surfer look i'm cultivating.

down poncho bro