Question

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Can a muslim commit a crime in America without it being an act of terror? :shrug:

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
VonMeister said:
muslims are pretty good at documenting their intentions. They leave nothing to interpretation.
Pretty much this

Good question otherwise.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
So then are Muslims really that "terrifying" to you people?

Lance Mannion

Duke status
Mar 7, 2009
In Gods Country
VonMeister said:
frvcvs said:
So then are Muslims really that "terrifying" to you people?
No, islam is a hate group. It should be treated accordingly.
"progressives" also used to coddle and intermingle with the Klan before they figured out a more subtle way to kill off Negroes (by their own Choice of course). I wonder how this relationship is going to work out, Islamists don't react nicely to betrayal....or loyalty for that matter.

I bet if a Jihadi shoots up a Sierra Club meeting, nitwit "liberals" will blame Trump.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
shackwell said:
frvcvs said:
Can a muslim commit a crime in America without it being an act of terror? :shrug:

Were Orlando and OSU "crimes" ?
All terrorism is a form of crime. But I'm asking can a muslim commit a violent crime without it being terrorism or it being blamed on islam? Lets say domestic violence for example. Every race has it's a$$hole wifebeaters. When a white or black guy beats his wife it's domestic violence. If a muslim does it do we have to blame sharia law and his entire culture or could he just be another piece of sh!t wifebeater?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
frvcvs said:
shackwell said:
frvcvs said:

All terrorism is a form of crime. But I'm asking can a muslim commit a violent crime without it being terrorism or it being blamed on islam?... If a muslim does it do we have to blame sharia law and his entire culture or could he just be another piece of sh!t wifebeater?
WTF is so hard to understand?

A Muslim guy decides to shoot his coworkers because he's pissed he didn't a promotion

vs.

A Muslim guy with grievances against infidels who is shooting his coworkers in the name of Allah.

One is an incident of workplace violence, the other a religious act.

It makes more sense to identify the latter as an "act of jihad", doesn't it? Yes or no answer will suffice.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
casa_mugrienta said:
Wouldn't it make more sense to label them "acts of jihad" when they are performed under the pretense of jihad?
I wonder how much is really jihad and how much is just an angry guy latching on to the trend? Obviously, the San Berdoo thing was straight up jihad. Orlando seems more convoluted (sexually confused mixed in with religion) and this guy in Ohio just strikes me as a Muslim who wanted to go out with a bang (no pun intended).

Without downplaying the risk real jihadists pose, "in the name of Allah" sometimes seems like the Muslim version of the white murderer's "I was bullied" motivation.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
casa_mugrienta said:
frvcvs said:
shackwell said:
frvcvs said:

All terrorism is a form of crime. But I'm asking can a muslim commit a violent crime without it being terrorism or it being blamed on islam?... If a muslim does it do we have to blame sharia law and his entire culture or could he just be another piece of sh!t wifebeater?
WTF is so hard to understand?

A Muslim guy decides to shoot his coworkers because he's pissed he didn't a promotion

vs.

A Muslim guy with grievances against infidels who is shooting his coworkers in the name of Allah.

One is an incident of workplace violence, the other a religious act.

It makes more sense to identify the latter as an "act of jihad", doesn't it? Yes or no answer will suffice.
But I don't honestly believe that every "self radicalized" killer muslim is really acting on behalf of Allah. I think it's an easy way to convince one's self that being crazy and ending it all is ok.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
The tl;dr response to this question is "who cares"?

These are acts of violence aimed at people who are not part of their own group. Whether you want to take them at their word that their motivation is religion or go casting about for alternate theories in direct contradiction to their claims, the larger point is that taken together the group poses a higher-than-average threat when compared to most other groups. And that's really all we need to know.

When you're stopped at a traffic signal and some asshole comes to your window with a gun to carjack you, do you really care what their inner motivations are? Do you care about their shtty childhood or their horrible parents or whatever other personal problems they have that rendered them incapable of functioning as a productive member of society? Prolly not. At all. The act itself is really all you need to know about them.

So I generally DON'T CARE what some stranger believes or thinks internally because that's not my problem and it doesn't affect me. It's the escalation into the anti-social actions - the 'what' - that adversely affects other people, not the "why".

Sure, the guy who beats his wife or cheats on his taxes or snatches the purse or shoots people at work because he got fired is doing something other than simply making a political or social statement. But when it does come to acts of terror, why they're terrorists is immaterial except to the extent that being able to identify their characteristics makes it easier to see them coming.

So whether it really is religion, or its mental illness or they're stuggling with their inner Lena Dunham rage spiral is immaterial. I don't care why they're freaks, I don't care why they're mad and I don't care why they act out. . I only want to figure out how to profile them so I can avoid them same as I would any hostile dog or radical feminist.

As for the evils of profiling, humans do it because it's a winning strategy that we inherited from our evolution and because the people who were bad at profiling didn't survive and didn't pass their dumbass genes forward. .