Question: Why was America's supply of N-95 respirator masks so low at the start of this outbreak?

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
:ROFLMAO:
Trump was born halfway home from home base and so was his presidency. He didn't inherit an economy in shambles like Obama did.

Again, all it would've required was for Trump to make a 30 second phone call to order more masks. Done. It's not like some complicated political or socioeconomic factor that requires paradigm shifts to accomplish.

You''re defending the indefensible ......over, and over, and over again. Obama depleted the mask supply. He did not replenish it OR tell anyone what he had done in SEVEN freaking years. Trump came in cold, and after THREE years it's all Trump's fault.
:bricks:

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I like the elaborate lie you have created in your mind about obama

Trump gave away supplies to China

Trump also has stated that he's not sending federal support to blue states

congrats on your continued meltdown; it's the best quarantine show on at the moment!

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
You''re defending the indefensible ......over, and over, and over again. Obama depleted the mask supply. He did not replenish it OR tell anyone what he had done in SEVEN freaking years. Trump came in cold, and after THREE years it's all Trump's fault.
:bricks:
Again, what is Trump's excuse for not replenishing the supply?

If you buy a house with a broken fence, get a dog 3 years later, and the dog runs out in the street and gets run over, do you blame the previous owner for not fixing the fence?

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
it was prescient and beneficent for the obama administration to create this
step by step playbook to help subsequent administrations deal with pandemic
crises.....bummer Trump pooped his diaper and did none of it

Reactions: $kully and Kento

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.
As the current crisis has widened, President Trump has attempted to deflect responsibility for his administration’s poor planning, suggesting the coronavirus outbreak was inconceivable.

“Nobody knew there would be a pandemic or epidemic of this proportion,” the president said Thursday.

The opposite is true. The [Government Accountability Office], public health experts and others issued a steady drumbeat of warnings that America would sooner or later face a widespread infectious disease outbreak or a major bioterrorism attack and was woefully unprepared.

In both 2018 and 2019, U.S. intelligence agencies issued insistent warnings in their annual Worldwide Threat Assessment.

“We assess that the United States and the world will remain vulnerable to the next flu pandemic or large-scale outbreak of a contagious disease that could lead to massive rates of death and disability, severely affect the world economy, strain international resources, and increase calls on the United States for support,” the 2019 report noted.

too bad the doofus potus caint run on the economy !! )

if he would have only had a pandemic team ?? )

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009

:)
As the current crisis has widened, President Trump has attempted to deflect responsibility for his administration’s poor planning, suggesting the coronavirus outbreak was inconceivable.

“Nobody knew there would be a pandemic or epidemic of this proportion,” the president said Thursday.

The opposite is true. The [Government Accountability Office], public health experts and others issued a steady drumbeat of warnings that America would sooner or later face a widespread infectious disease outbreak or a major bioterrorism attack and was woefully unprepared.

In both 2018 and 2019, U.S. intelligence agencies issued insistent warnings in their annual Worldwide Threat Assessment.

“We assess that the United States and the world will remain vulnerable to the next flu pandemic or large-scale outbreak of a contagious disease that could lead to massive rates of death and disability, severely affect the world economy, strain international resources, and increase calls on the United States for support,” the 2019 report noted.

too bad the doofus potus caint run on the economy !! )

if he would have only had a pandemic team ?? )

I see. So how are "U.S. intelligence agencies" responsible for advising the presidency on future pandemics? And how did they know that the CV19 virus was spreading before it was a virus?

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
it was prescient and beneficent for the obama administration to create this
step by step playbook to help subsequent administrations deal with pandemic
crises.....bummer Trump pooped his diaper and did none of it

Now I see. Repeating a lie must make it true.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I see. So how are "U.S. intelligence agencies" responsible for advising the presidency on future pandemics? And how did they know that the CV19 virus was spreading before it was a virus?
So unbelievably stupid, good thing Govt pays your bills.

Phi1

Phil Edwards status
May 21, 2002
Hell Cajon, Ca
If you are hired as president of a company and come in and find out the previous guy let all the fire extinguishers expire, and then 3-1/2 years later there's a fire and the fire extinguishers don't work, it's not the previous guy's fault.
Clearly Obama's fault in the fire extinguisher scenario tho, rite?

Funny how the administration had a can-do attitude when it came to locking kids in cages, siphoning money out of DoD for wall funding and had toddlers represent themselves in immigration court.

Anyone remember Space Force? How's that going?

N95 and ventilator technology is unobtanium.

I really think he's stalling to eff up the elections. Blue states (read populous cities) would be hardest hit first.

Reactions: mundus

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
Clearly Obama's fault in the fire extinguisher scenario tho, rite?

Funny how the administration had a can-do attitude when it came to locking kids in cages, siphoning money out of DoD for wall funding and had toddlers represent themselves in immigration court.

Anyone remember Space Force? How's that going?

N95 and ventilator technology is unobtanium.

I really think he's stalling to eff up the elections. Blue states (read populous cities) would be hardest hit first.
I don’t think it’s as nefarious as that

I just think this situation is beyond his grasp

imagine you made it to age 70, rich AF, banging models the entire time, entirely based on inherited wealth and bluster

do you think you could reinvent yourself as a serious person so late in the game?

no, you’d probably just fall back on what you’d always done, which in fairness had always worked for you, even up to getting you elected president

I just think trump can’t conceive of the enormity of the problem and that he is totally unequipped to deal with it

Reactions: Phi1

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
It’s like some massive rock star who still perceives himself to be a total badass even though musical tastes have completely shifted away from him

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I don’t think it’s as nefarious as that

I just think this situation is beyond his grasp

imagine you made it to age 70, rich AF, banging models the entire time, entirely based on inherited wealth and bluster

do you think you could reinvent yourself as a serious person so late in the game?

no, you’d probably just fall back on what you’d always done, which in fairness had always worked for you, even up to getting you elected president

I just think trump can’t conceive of the enormity of the problem and that he is totally unequipped to deal with it
It is a sad comment on the Country that behaving as Trump does leads to success and even the highest political office.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Now I see. Repeating a lie must make it true.
I linked the actual document.

he fired the stateside team and we lost all of those embedded personnel

they ignored the playbook; you can see for yourself

now we're learning that Trump was warned years ago about our poor
posture if a crisis such as this were to arise and did nothing

it's weird how you want to lie in the face of so much obvious and irrefutable
information....even going so far as to accuse Obama of LYING about all the
masks.