Question: Why was America's supply of N-95 respirator masks so low at the start of this outbreak?

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
Obama is in Martha’s Vineyard right now laughing about this and refusing to sew masks, even though he probably knows how to sew, because he’s a bitch

• Haha
Reactions: the janitor

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Obama is in Martha’s Vineyard right now laughing about this and refusing to sew masks, even though he probably knows how to sew, because he’s a bitch
he stole all the masks and he has them stockpiled in his home
with all of the guns he stole from american patriots

1585786157044.png

• Haha
Reactions: the janitor

JBerry

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 8, 2017
I don't know?? What do you always say about foreign aid??

Really, If DT wants to maga, and have industry return to the us, why the fook send it away in the first place, to a commy country, and why the fook buy it back, from a commy country as well, when he could just pay to have it made here, and not invoke the defense act?
makes no sense to me....

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.
I know you like it, but that graph is missing some important criteria to put those figures into context, like the population of the countries in question for instance, or the current death rates
I know you like that other stuff but while I wait until you post it up !! ( :

United States
The United States is the first country to have over 100,000 confirmed cases. On March 26th, the United States became the country with the most confirmed cases of coronavirus. Confirmed cases are still growing exponentially with more new cases each day. The United States had a slow >response to the virus and has had severe shortages of testing. While testing capacity increases, most people can’t be tested currently unless they pass through a screening process. There is no surveillance testing to test for coronavirus spread in asymptomatic people.

On the large cumulative graph, the United States appears to have an even worse trajectory than other countries. However, the United States has started restricting businesses, closing schools, and promoting social distancing a bit earlier than Italy relatively. On the other hand, the United States has had a notable shortage of testing kits, which is undoubtedly causing a substantial underreporting of confirmed cases. Additionally, lockdowns don’t cover the entire country. There’s a patchwork of different restrictions by state and city.

Unlike Italy, the U.S. is still experiencing exponential growth. In other words, the U.S. line on the cumulative chart continues to become steeper. In its graph for new cases of coronavirus, we still see an exponential growth rate where there are more new cases each successive day.

Graph of the United States' number of new coronavirus cases by day.

Will the more voluntary nature of social distancing be successful?

Unlike the other countries in this post, the United State’s rate of new confirmed cases continues to increase each day. Hopefully, the lockdown effects will kick in and slow it down!

The graph below represents the cumulative growth of confirmed coronavirus COVID19 cases starting at around the 20th case for each of the following countries: Brazil, Australia, South Africa, the United Kingdom, Spain, Germany, India, Taiwan, Singapore, South Korea, Japan, Italy, and the United States. For China, I had to start with the 548th case given the data available. To facilitate the comparison between countries, I’ve lined up the countries so their 20th case occurs at the origin on the X-axis. Of course, their 20th cases didn’t happen on the same day but, by lining them up, we can compare growth rates between countries. The X-axis numbers represent the number of days since the 20th case, except for China. These data are current on April 1, 2020.

1585811074765.png

1585812336841.png

Last edited: