Question: What keeps tiny nuclear-armed Israel from annihilating Iran?

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
1. Killing millions of civilians, and
2. Fear of larger powers destroying Israel.

Killing civilians doesn't concern Netanyahu and Likud.
They proved that over and over again.

Retaliation, yes.

The idea that you can fuck with people and expect to not get retaliated against is weird to me.
It doesn't matter how much you hate a country or the muslins.

Iran's government talks the big talk because they're scared they'd get Iraqued if they don't act tough.
They already showed that they have nothing and especially not nuclear weapons.

Although Iran has significantly advanced its nuclear program since the Trump administration pulled out of the 2015 nuclear deal.
Biden's fault.

• Love
Reactions: Ifallalot

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
Release the remaining hostages and this will all end where it stands.

.....but Iran won't do that, will they?

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
Im sure Israel would love to murder any country they feel threatened by but they also depend on support from other Nations so theres that

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
It's going to happen. Probably not yet, but IMO, it is probably on the schedule.

Isarael—Iran Conflict: How Close Is Iran to Having a Nuclear Weapon? - Bloomberg

I think there is an Israeli mindset that says once Iran has multiple nuclear weapons, Israel has minutes to live. Geographically, Israel is so small that it won't take very many nukes to eradicate them. Iran, via it's geographical size, has a better chance of surviving nuclear strikes. So the "doctrine of mutual destruction" is perhaps out of whack. On one side you have a religious belief that calls for the eradication of all Jews. On the other side you have a belief that says the Jews are "the chosen people." This is dangerous as fvck. And not just for them. The planet teeters on the edge of destruction.

Further, I think you have Israelis that think that they need to bomb Iran back to the stone age NOW before Iran has nuclear weapons. Time is wasting. Zero hour get's closer by the day. The sooner the better. The opposition is viewed as naive.

Whatever. I've always believed that the trigger that ends mankind is located in the Middle East. I should probably recuse myself from this straw man contest.

Reactions: Ifallalot

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
Gee I wonder why Iran is close to having a nuclear weapon?
Arguably because the nuclear deal with them was done away with.

Not that it does us any good at this point. We are where we are.

• Haha
Reactions: $kully

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
Sigh sigh
Religions are greater than any one person or gov or political system.
and unfortunately can be interpreted in unfortunate ways. (Insert misunderstanding here)
So, you didn't know that Iran is an Islamic Republic run by a religious leader or that Hamas is an Iranian proxy that was founded on militant interpretations of Islam to spearhead a religious extremist movement whose main purpose is the destruction/death of Israel?

“Jihad is its path and death for the sake of Allah is the loftiest of its wishes.” -Hamas on Hamas

OK.

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
So, you didn't know that Iran is an Islamic Republic run by a religious leader or that Hamas is an Iranian proxy that was founded on militant interpretations of Islam to spearhead a religious extremist movement whose main purpose is the destruction/death of Israel?

“Jihad is its path and death for the sake of Allah is the loftiest of its wishes.” -Hamas on Hamas

OK.
See:
Mischaracterizing and not addressing what I did say.