Question for the HR people

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
That's what I'm guessing.

In these particular situations there's really no other explanation - we were pretty stunned.

I was once told all you have to do is use the words "hostile work environment" and HR will basically do your bidding.

That's some psycho sh!t on the part of the aggressor - protect oneself by playing the victim.

It's always interesting to psychopathy in action, unless you're on the receiving end. Where's Autoprax?
I can test for the psychopath by their willingness to solve the issue through cooperation.

Troublemakers don't play that song.

I deal with so many young psychopaths at school.

Lots of borderline personaities too.

I'm a slippery fish, walking a razor's edge.

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
Not sure what you mean... explain.

Not sure if he can...

Every place of employment has its internal rules and then there are the Fed/State mandatory guidelines above and beyond.

A lot more bias in the private sector than at the Fed/State level.

Just look at Facebook and Google. When company policy takes precedent over law.

Employee types. Just how many standards does one company establish and enforce? Are they legal???

The bottom line is if an employee thinks they are getting Fvcked over they can go to the State Labor Board and file a claim. Yes, if you do this, you probably should have a personal attorney. But the state investigator will rip a worm hole into the current practices of your employer. If laws are being bent or broken, you eventually will win, minus legal costs.

Leaverite

Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
Three major things to consider. Precedence. Union Bargaining agreement language first. State law second. Federal law third.

If you are getting picked on by bullies at work and are uncomfortable, maybe, just maybe you need to find a safe place where you can relax and get your fingernails done in peace.

Leaverite

Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
Our new society....

I got written up a few years ago because a co worker walked by while I was on my break, looking at a National News website and she was offended. Took me to HR. It got blown out. IT had to get involved. A national news website.

This is how piddley it is getting. Have a pic of The Trump on your work website.

Some sexless clone will be offended.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Not sure what you mean... explain.
I'm not talking about HR issues.

Just people issues.

At some point the pyscopath gets confronted and doesn't like it.

Then you say, well, I see there is an issue and I'm willing to work to solve it. Can we talk about your role in this situation?

I was sexually harressed by an old lady who worked in the office.

She loved me.

I get it.

I'm hot guy.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Our new society....

I got written up a few years ago because a co worker walked by while I was on my break, looking at a National News website and she was offended. Took me to HR. It got blown out. IT had to get involved. A national news website.

This is how piddley it is getting. Have a pic of The Trump on your work website.

It probably wasn't just the website.

You had probably built some ill will.

Which is surprising because you present as such a charming reasonable guy here.

Did you tell her about your inheritance?

Reactions: mundus

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
It probably wasn't just the website.

You had probably built some ill will.

Which is surprising because you present as such a charming reasonable guy here.

Did you tell her about your inheritance?
No, people are having serious issues now with national news sites they disagree with. Apparently some snowflake didn't like either MSNBC or Fox News being up on an MATV system in a control room so they went and complained to HR.

Reactions: Havoc

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
We had a group of folks including management that would greet each other in the am at the group walk around meeting....by saying "Good morning brother".....leaving out a few of the "not in the club" guys...including me. This went on for like a year....so I started greeting all the "left outs" by saying "Good morning brother"....ignoring the other guys. Wasn't too long before the lights turned on and they stopped their non-inclusive behavior. Behaviors' of folks at work is a trip....

Reactions: Ifallalot

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
That is also a tech thing. You didn't used to be able watch the news at work.

And both those news group have a big slant.

I avoid any kind of politics or religion at work like the plague, even though I am a Black Plague survivor dependent.

Both teams are not sending the message to the other team so this is what you get.

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
No, people are having serious issues now with national news sites they disagree with. Apparently some snowflake didn't like either MSNBC or Fox News being up on an MATV system in a control room so they went and complained to HR.
Designed divisiveness....
There's many in this country who are emotionally attached to their news and get visibly agitated when watching it....rooting for the good guys....booing the villains. When across the street...at the same time.....their childhood friends are watching the "other channel" with opposite views....doing the same.
And they haven't spoke to each other for years....because of their preference for one news channel over the other....
Programmed by their TV programing....
How fooked up is that?!

Last edited:
Reactions: PJ

surfysurfy1476

Nep status
Jan 27, 2018
Flipping any crosses he has in his office upside down is also a nice touch.

As is a Christian Death CD for any Secret Santa giftgiving activities.
Sounds like a hate crime or harassment at the very least. She would get away with it though because of female privilege.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Shouldn't this thread be about the Hollister Ranch? I've been up there a number of times and never had any trouble.

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
Our new society....

1576458198862.png1576458198862.png

huryanpost

Michael Peterson status
Dec 9, 2010
We had a group of folks including management that would greet each other in the am at the group walk around meeting....by saying "Good morning brother".....leaving out a few of the "not in the club" guys...including me. This went on for like a year....so I started greeting all the "left outs" by saying "Good morning brother"....ignoring the other guys. Wasn't too long before the lights turned on and they stopped their non-inclusive behavior. Behaviors' of folks at work is a trip....
So,....the flat earth ness hit you like a thunderbolt around that time. Like what the fuck was I thinking, life excludes me, I’ll take it to another level. Makes sense, now, kinda.

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
So,....the flat earth ness hit you like a thunderbolt around that time. Like what the fook was I thinking, life excludes me, I’ll take it to another level. Makes sense, now, kinda.
Living rent free....

Beerbelly

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2010
Serious question for HR people. How stupid do you feel doing background checks for minimum wage jobs?

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Serious question for HR people. How stupid do you feel doing background checks for minimum wage jobs?
Not in HR but I get to hear about plenty of the BS that goes on. Those background checks are an absolute necessity. That minimum wage employee you hire could wind up costing a company a shitton of money down the road. Once hired its hard to fire these days therefore it is critically important to root the bad actors out early on.

PS: HR's job is to keep the company out of hot water.....that is all.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
If it was super easy for an employer to fire someone without getting sued there wouldn't be much of a need for HR and all those background checks. These days every employee that sucks is angling for how they can sue their employer when their shittiness finally catches up with them.