Question for Greg Griffin

sdsurfrat

Michael Peterson status
Jun 2, 2008
@griffinsurfboard Hey, i got a Question for Greg Griffin

a while back you had posted a performance retro twin fin that you were to build, you had a pic of the replica on the ceiling.

Many of us were super keen on this build project and then ... crickets, nothing, zip, nada.

Whatever happened? you did not build it? fins @ 9.5 would put you in risk of cardiac arrest? (understandable)

What happened with that T+C twinny replica? (you could move some units :) bro)

• Haha
Reactions: MathDebater

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Wing is placed at the back of the main fin

View attachment 127670

View attachment 127671

It is unnecessary , but I am willing to make them this way since at this location they work well and get Errb points ;-)
Greg, given your placements of the mains, why are the twinzer fronts necessary on this? Was this your suggestion or the customer's? I guess I'm asking: what is the twinzer adding here vs. straight twin? [love twins but never tried twinzer so am just curious what I'm missing]

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
Greg, given your placements of the mains, why are the twinzer fronts necessary on this? Was this your suggestion or the customer's? I guess I'm asking: what is the twinzer adding here vs. straight twin? [love twins but never tried twinzer so am just curious what I'm missing]
Canards can add more energy in the rail , being forward they do not stiffen the board and actually can initiate the turn a bit , slight pivot feel from where they are placed