Pyzel Wildcat twin

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
Be interesting to know how they go in smaller waves. My CI Twin Pin needs decent shoulder high peak with some push. Would be nice to have a similar design that worked in lesser waves.

Pyzelsurfboards

OTF status
Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
didn't really compare to other boards, but felt similar to mini ghost. maybe @Pyzelsurfboards can give us deets?
HI people -- interesting comments on the new board-- as for the rocker - front half is quite similar to the Mini Ghost (but rocker apex is further back on the Wildcat) and the back end has 5/8" LESS tail rocker (coming in just above 1 3/4 '' on a 5'8'') to add drive and keep it going really fast in slower waves.

Dec 5, 2020
SF
0FF9358F-99E2-4ABE-8373-0E213ACE30C3.jpeg
Anyone spent any time on one of these (Surf Rx Twinny Two)? Seems comparable to the Wildcat, etc.

I just put an order in w/ Doc. Was thinking Wonder Twin, but decided to go w/ the more rockered version after discussing it w/ him. Giving up some grovel-ability for more high end as I already have a traditional keel fin fish that works fine on the low end.

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
The best part about the Surf RX Tur Twin is the wide, non-winged rounded pin. Feels really good carving turns, even on bigger waves. With big twins and channels, hold doesn't seem to be a problem. Otherwise I find it way too flat up front but the tail is great. Not sure why everyone wants to put a wing into these boards. The wider non-winged tails work really good.

Reactions: Havoc and Sauce

MrSteve

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 1, 2015
NJ
The best part about the Surf RX Tur Twin is the wide, non-winged rounded pin. Feels really good carving turns, even on bigger waves. With big twins and channels, hold doesn't seem to be a problem. Otherwise I find it way too flat up front but the tail is great. Not sure why everyone wants to put a wing into these boards. The wider non-winged tails work really good.
Did you get this to replace the MC twin?

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
No. I just tried a friends. Worked great in North County SD, but not so much in perfect Mexican point breaks.

Haven't replaced the MC twin yet, waiting for Simon Jones to open up orders. Figure might as well go to source since I've tried a lot of the knock offs.

Did you get this to replace the MC twin?

Reactions: Woke AF and Aruka

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
The archer or the arrow? Or...

If the archer is the rider and the board is the arrow, what is the wave? The Bow? One thing about all the videos we watch is you have expert archers, shooting impeccable arrows, from exquisite bows.

That was nice surfing, the kind I really like. No airs and snaps, all big, drawn out carves. :jamon:

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Super curious how low its bottom end is. Anybody seen small wave footage, or ridden one?